July 1 - July 2, 2010
Happy July! It's summertime! Enjoy my favorite summer song here! It gets me fired up to come home and hang out with my friends! Whew! ;)
So, yesterday I did not get home until about 1a.m. We had another grand opening of a really hot mexican restaurant on Atlantic Ave. in Delray Beach. Have you ever heard of Cabo Wabo Tequila?? I hadn't, but apparently it compares and competes with Patron. I'm not a tequila person--I think it's disgusting and this is what happens to me. Watch here...
Okay, totally kidding! ;) Anyways, the party was so much fun! It led to some pretty hilarious conversations.
So, I'm driving to the event, talking to Brett when I interrupt with, "Oh my God, Brett! I found the place that sells chicken 'n waffles!" Please tell me you know what chicken 'n waffles are. If you don't, please don't talk to me. I was so disappointed that only one of my family members knows what this is. Ugh! It's not even American to now know this crazy combination of deliciousness!
For those who don't know (which I'm ashamed, but I can forgive)...it's fried chicken and waffles together. Yes...together. So anyways, we're at the party and I mention something about it to the crowd of people we were talking to. All of them from Florida, except one other person from Champagne, Illinois. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy!
"You're from the south!" I said. "You should definitely know what chicken 'n waffles are!" It's the All-American southern food! I swear in a previous life I was born and raised in Georgia or North Carolina on a farm, or I was African American. The only other person who knew what chicken 'n waffles was the person from Illinois! Way to go Midwesterners knowing your food!
My friend says, "So...do you eat them for breakfast?" Oh, how you have so much to learn. "No, you can eat them any time of day!" I say.
Someone else, "So, do you pour syrup on them?"
Me: "Of course you do! It's the perfect combo of salty and sweet!"
Someone else: "Before you know it, they'll have drive-thru liquor stores!"
Me: "Actually, they have those in Iowa!"
Everyone died laughing! Hahahaha! Of course Iowa would! Such a coincidence they would bring that up!
We got to go in the office late again today! I love nights we work late...that means I get to watch Regis and Kelly in the morning! So, I get to work and I think to myself, Whew it's hot in here! Well, that's because the air conditioner was broken. You think Iowa's hot in the summer? Ha! It's twice as bad down here! Our office was literally 87 degrees. Awful. We were all sweating, falling asleep at our desks, and basically just zombies lurking the cubicles.
Our boss let us leave early! Awesome way to start the vaca! We go for lunch at JB's on the Beach. It's an awesome place in Deerfield that overlooks the ocean! Beautiful! The ocean says hello, by the way! ;) I order fish tacos. Since I've moved down here, it's become my new favorite food! It's such a light dish, but perfectly filling. I love the texture and saltiness of the fish, but the sweet and spicy flavors that go into the mango salsa (sometimes they use papaya or pineapple). Delicious! You must try them!
So, I got another part-time job today! It's at the same restaurant I worked at in NYC! I'm so excited! I loved working there and it's a great way to meet new people! The manager asks if it's too much that I work full-time and part-time. Heck no! This will create a little more excitement in my life! He doesn't know me yet and the fact I get bored in .2 seconds.
It's thunder-storming here tonight, which I actually love--they don't scare me as bad as they used to. It's such a cool night out and a perfect one to just relax and get ready for my drive tomorrow to Orlando. Yea, I'm leaving from Orlando which sucks because it's three hours away, but I'm saving almost $350! Crazy right?? It's well worth the drive!
Maybe I'll stop at Disneyworld or Islands of Adventure. Or I'll stop in and see Shamu! Oh so many options! My parents are taking a week in September--we should totally go then, don't you think?? And my parents are so much fun to go to theme parks with! They ride everything! Done deal. No more contemplating. Now I just have to tell them that's how it's going to be. ;)
So, I'm proud of my mom today. She got Facebook (which I swore I would never let happen, but it's okay!) and today she posted her first status. Want to know what it said? "Both of my kids are home for the holiday weekend. SUPER excited. Haven't seen them in weeks/months!" Awww...it's so sweet! I love it! I'm just as excited! I pretty much already have my whole weekend planned. Tomorrow starts with hanging out with the family and then seeing the ever-exciting Eclipse! Ahhhhhhhhh, I can't wait! It's going to be amazing! Are you Team Jacob or Team Edward? I'm definitely Team Jacob now. He's so....I don't know....perfect!
The fourth book is really interesting. A lot of things happened that I didn't expect, but I suppose I'm not shocked. Ugh, I can't believe I've fallen into the Twilight craze. Listen to me. I sound like a teenager. It's completely mindless reading, but it's so enticing!
So, the other day I go to log into my Google e-mail account. It wouldn't let me on. It said my password wouldn't work and I had to enter my phone number to get a special code. My heart sank. I've known people to hack into others' e-mail accounts and delete them! Yea, people are crazy?! ;)
I freaked! A big portion of my life is on that thing! Someone hacked into it and decided to send Canadian medical e-mails to every. single. person. I've ever e-mailed. Grandma got an e-mail about female Viagra! Yep. So, people that I e-mailed while working at BHG, friends, family, whoever got Viagra e-mails and God knows what else. So, if you were one of these people...I apologize. Some crazy person thought it would be funny. It's really funny, actually. But not when some of these people are big wigs at New York City companies!
Okay, so I'm one of those people who bought something, wore it, then returned it. Is that bad?? I don't think so. It was just a bracelet. I took the stretchy tag off, wore it last Saturday, put the tag back on and took it back. No harm done. The bracelet was $60! Are you nuts?! I'm cheap! I don't even spend $60 on a dress or pair of shoes! I can't justify it. Like Brett says, if it's not $2 or $100,000, "she doesn't want it."
It happens.
Since moving here, I've really gotten into DJ's. They are so hot down here! I'm not talking about their looks--the music and mixes they come up with are amazing! My friend listens to this guy, DJ Cha Chi. Check out his website. I don't know if you've heard of him, but he has awesome mixes! I Googled him and found some mixes on YouTube. Since it's live taping, parts sound a little weird because of the base. Check them out below!
Mur.Mur. Mix
Shrine
Show Me a Virgin Mix
I recommend you go to his website and download his mixes onto iTunes. It's free! I love how he incorporates old school and new school! It fascinates me how he works on the computer and on the turn tables. So cool! I could watch it all day!
Heads up: I probably won't be blogging this weekend while I'm home. In fact, I know I won't. Check back Wednesday night. I get back to Florida on Tuesday, but not until about 11:45 p.m.
Happy 4th of July! Have a fantastic weekend! Enjoy lots of fireworks! I LOVE fireworks! They just make you feel like a kid again. All of the Oohs and Aahs! So magical!
Note to self: "God Bless America. My Home Sweet Home." Remember this 4th of July the thousands of American troops who have died and risked their lives so our country can be just a little normal. With all of the craziness of war and politics, it's very rare that people stop and really look at what our troops go through for us.
Watch this video. KISS performed for our soldiers. It makes you proud of these men and women. You don't know them, but the undeniable amount of respect we have for these people is incredible. America is truly an amazing country, filled with so many great people. Unfortunately, America is quickly becoming something completely different. It's sad to know we are conforming so much to other countries and losing our identity in the process. We are fighting for our freedom, but our culture is being diminished. I think culture is great, however, I still think we need to keep America's culture. If we don't stop the irresponsible immigration, then America will no longer be America. We'll have to call it: Amerimexifranadiagypt.
Watch video here.