July 3 - July 7, 2010
Did everyone love the weekend? I sure did! It was so great to be home and see everyone. Well, almost...there were a few people I didn't get to see because of timing, or because they were out of town for the holiday weekend. All in all, I have to say it was nothing short of wonderful!
When I got to Orlando on Saturday, I got behind a car with Iowa license plates. I love seeing that! Little things like this excite me. I was at Einstein Bagels the other morning and saw a Florida license plate with an Iowa Hawkeyes frame! I love it!
When I got home, I met the rest of my family and Maddie at Leaning Tower of Pizza--cute name, huh?? It's a dive little place in Ankeny, but they have some of the best pizza! And we got taco...my old-time favorite! Delicious!
Then...dun duh duh dahhhh...Eclipse! It got mixed reviews. My review was this...amazing! The graphics were really cool and I'm pretty sure if I don't marry someone like Jacob, I don't know what I'll do. That's a beautiful, muscular, perfect, sweet man right there--all wrapped up in one rock hard package! ;)
After the movie, Maddie and I met Greg for a fireworks show. I love fireworks! And this year's finally was the best I've ever seen in my life! It was so magnificent! Maddie videotaped it on her FlipCam--which I want, by the way. I'll have to get the video for you and download it so you can see! So fantastic!
I got home, only to find out I have been locked out of my house! Awesome. I come home and have to sit in my driveway at midnight. The rest of the evening, until 3:30 a.m., my mom and I watched old, home movies. Oh my gosh, don't you love doing that?!?! They are so dang funny! You look at yourself and think, look how cute I was. Or, good Lord I was a diva. Or, what is my mother wearing? Or, look how skinny dad is! We laughed, we got teary-eyed, we made fun. Such a great time!
But let me tell you something...I was a brat. Hard core! Holy goodness I was a diva! I pushed a girl during my dance recital because she was standing on my spot. I had wrapping paper on my finger while unwrapping a birthday present, so I stuck my hand out to the side, turned my head the opposite way of my hand and said in a disgusted tone, "Ugh. Someone take this off." Ha! Are you kidding me?!
It pretty much rained the whole time I was home, but I didn't care! So, Sunday we went to 14th Street Tavern for lunch. I have never been there, but I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. It's a straight-up, east-side bar. For those from Iowa, you know what this means. The inside is pretty cool! And the food, I can't even tell you how delicious it was! My mom and I split a chicken grinder. Yeah, strange right? Typically, you think of a guinea grinder made of sausage. (For those who don't know what I'm talking about. Forget it this time. I'm not explaining.) Our chicken grinder was mixed with marinara sauce and topped with banana peppers and melted cheese! Oh yum, I want another one right now! Way to go 14th Street Grill for surpassing any negative expectations this lady had! My apologies! =)
Now it's time for shopping! Nothing beats shoppin' with your mama! We got some fantastic deals and my mom actually bought stuff for herself! Gasp! I know, I can't believe it either! Way to go Mama Toncar! Now you're going to look fabulous when you come and visit me soon!
Sunday night...Happy 4th of July! I had the best time of my life Sunday night! It was much needed and I haven't been out so late since college...or should I say early! Dyanna and I started the evening with a little chinese food and getting ready to my great mixed CD of DJ Cha Chi!
Then to Liar's Club. What happened to people wanting to look nice in Iowa? Apparently, flip flops, cut off jeans and a t-shirt is suitable attire for a night out on the town. I don't care if it is raining out...put on some decent clothes and make yourself presentable! I tell ya' what! And then people in Iowa wonder we are always so behind on everything. Because you still think wearing combat boots and a floral print dress are sexy! =)
Hero's is next. We stayed there all night because we had so much fun! We were dancing, laughing, everything! It was great! Bar closed, so we head to Perkins. Mmm...Perkins definitely durpasses Denny's by a long shot! Sorry Denny's, but you just can't compete with the Tremendous Twelve. Nice try though!
I finally get home at 5:00 a.m.! Yeah, I know. It was great! I loved every minute of it! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!
Monday, Brett shows me the glove he designed during his internship. They actually made it for him and everything. So, he is the only one in the world to have this glove! I can't even believe it! I am flawed and utterly awed of his talents and ability to create something so great! I have pictures on my Google Profile, but I'm linking to that at the end of my blog. But be sure to check them out!
I got to have a home-cooked meal Monday--haven't had one of those in a while! I get to go out to all of these great restaurants here, but sometimes it's nice to have grandma's spaghetti, ya' know? And homemade chicken salad, and chocolate cake. So good!
Monday night was pretty low key and Tuesday was as well. I didn't leave until 4:30 p.m. so we went to lunch, did some last minute shopping, then off to the Des Moines International Airport. Because apparently, international means Texas. ;) Just kidding!
I am exhausted. I can barely keep my eyes open, so I may have forgotten to say some things. If I remember, I'll put them in my blogs the rest of the week!
As stated, I have pictures from the weekend. Not many, but you don't need to see them all! Check them out here!
Note to self: To be 100 percent productive, get plenty of rest. Snuggle up in your bed, clear your head and just fall asleep into a mound of pillows! Okay, sounds perfect, I'm sold! Good night!