Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 301 - Day 302

June 29 - June 30, 2010

I apologize for my late blogging...again...

Tuesday, I didn't do a dang thing. I talked to a friend from back home and then my brother, then went to sleep. I was literally in bed by 9:30! It was fantastic! I caught up on some reading and just relaxed, with my mind not thinking of a thing!

So, I'm talking to my brother and can't believe how lucky the little bastard is. Ugh! If only I had one ounce of that luck. Whatever--I'm not bitter! ;) His internship is amazing! Not that mine wasn't because it was honestly the best thing I could have ever done in my life! I'm so grateful!

So, as you know he went to St. Louis for the summer to learn how to design baseball gloves. Well given that he got all the brains in the family (thanks mom and dad), his designs are now being prototyped for the 2012 season. Yea. I know. I thought the same thing. How freakin' cool, right?!?!

Wednesday was normal. I don't like how "normal" my days are down here. I'm too antsy for my life to be anything but normal. I just want to shake a personality into people down here! Hehe!

I just can't wait to go home! I need a bit of a break and clear my head! I get to be around people who like to joke around and find sarcasm and wit just as much fun as I do! Iowa, here I come! =)

So, I went out to dinner tonight with some co-workers and on the way home, I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life. Minus the many times I rode in my friend, Courtney's car. As you know, when I get nervous, I don't talk. I didn't talk the whole way home!

I was so scared we were going to crash and die! I'm not even kidding. I kept twirling my hair and necklace to try and distract me from our almost veering off the road 12 times, rear-ending about six different cars, and not understanding how the driver doesn't know how to use the breaks! It was awful! I was literally praying to myself in the passenger seat that I get home safely.

I kept looking over and she looked like she was about ready to fall asleep! I wanted to be like, Earth to you! Are you alive?! I am and would like to keep it that way, if at all possible! Scary.

Okay, so I've officially decided that dating here, at least for me, will never be normal. Why do I always have the luck of finding a man that falls in love after a five-second, "hello." I am not even kidding you. The new boy is one of many things:

Foreign: I think straight off the Russian or Italian boat. I can't decide which one.

Can't speak proper English: I get texts that I don't know what the hell they mean! Adjectives and verbs and nouns are in such a crazy order it's like speaking tongue! "I like talk with you. I call you?" Sir, you can call me when you learn how to speak English.

Random texter: "You no date russian man?" Huh? "You number one associate sales in the whole world." Really? Pretty sure I'm NOT a sales associate, but commendable effort! What is happening here?

From now on, when a guy asks for my number, I'm telling him I'm a lesbian. But my luck, the guy will be into that kind of thing, then I'm screwed. How about...I have a boyfriend. Yea...guys don't care. How about...I don't even know. I need help!

I need to become like Lisa Kudrow in P.S. I Love You. "Are you married? Are you gay? Are you working?" Mine will be, "Do you speak English? Are you married? Are you gay? Are you over 30? Do you stalk women? Are you an exaggerated-text machine? Are you normal?"

If you answer: "No. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Of course!" Don't call me!
If you answer: "Yes. Maybe. Maybe. Yes. Yes. Yes. Depends." Then this is typically who's attracted to me.
If you answer: "Yes. No. No. No. No. Depends. Yes." You can call me.

Note to self: "People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel. No matter where I am or what I am doing...when you come to my mind, it shows on my face."

It's true. I love getting these e-mails! ;)