I just remembered I forgot to blog this weekend! Oops!
Saturday was crazy busy! We had the grand opening of one of our restaurants, so we had a lot of prep work to do. We were outside doing physical labor for three hours in 95 degree heat! Whew! It was hott! I tell ya' what...I lost about five pounds! ;)
Then we went to Max's Grille for a little lunch. The place is so good! I had a great chicken salad sandwich! I'm tellin' ya' what though...honestly, no one can beat Jason's Deli chicken salad. If someone finds a place, please let me know. But until then, it's my all-time favorite!
I met the movie producer of all the Alfred Hitchcock movies! Crazy, huh?? He's about 84 years old and he asked me out! Hehe! Cute old man! I told him, "Gordon, you're dangerous with that charm! I'm going to have to watch out for you!" ;) He just laughed. I love old people and he had so many interesting stories! Fabulous!
Saturday night was all kinds of things. Crazy, busy, irritating, hot, humid, annoying, fun, outrageous, crowded, upbeat, outgoing...on and on and on...
The grand opening was a success! About 950 people showed up! I met a lot of people and got to see a lot of people I've met while down here! Afterwards, we sat and had a drink to celebrate all of the hard work everyone put in! I didn't put in near as much work as everyone else, but it was nice to sit and relax after standing in heels for five hours! =) Here are a couple of pictures! The third picture is from a digital images, red carpet photo booth! It was really cool!
Then, we went to Denny's! The second time in my life--it was so good! I have to admit, Perkins is still twenty times better, but it does the job for now.
Sunday is my 300th day of blogging! It's crazy how fast a year goes! It's scary, really. And I still have no idea what I want to do in life. I mean, I know what I want to do, but there's too much to do in one lifetime. =)
What a better day to celebrate than The Hottest Bartender's Competition?! It was the coolest thing I've ever seen! These men were tossing bottles and cups all over the place! It was mesmerizing! I was in awe for three solid hours!
You're going to be so proud of me! I was getting ready to go out when I thought I saw something squirm across the floor. It was my first little lizard in my apartment. It was maybe an inch long! It was so cute! And I didn't even freak out! Gasp! I know, I shocked myself! And I was talking to him like he was a human being.
"Okay, little buddy just crawl into the container and I'll take you outside." I'm an idiot. He can't understand me! Nor was he listening to me. I chased the little f-er around my hallway until he finally got in the plastic container! I scrambled to get the lid on and took him outside to be free! Way to go, me!
You're going to be so proud of me! I was getting ready to go out when I thought I saw something squirm across the floor. It was my first little lizard in my apartment. It was maybe an inch long! It was so cute! And I didn't even freak out! Gasp! I know, I shocked myself! And I was talking to him like he was a human being.
"Okay, little buddy just crawl into the container and I'll take you outside." I'm an idiot. He can't understand me! Nor was he listening to me. I chased the little f-er around my hallway until he finally got in the plastic container! I scrambled to get the lid on and took him outside to be free! Way to go, me!
Monday was nice. My boss let us sleep in and not come into the office until noon today! Just because the weekend was so busy! How awesome is that?! I got to watch morning television! Regis and Kelly, Maury, and Gilmore Girls! Do you know how long it's been since I've watched my all-time, favorite tv series?!?! Gilmore Girls has taught me all I need to know in life! ;) Okay, not really, but I really love that show!
And Maury? Holy cow, these people are outrageous! "Imma tellin' you. He my baby daddy. I slept wit no otha man. You my baby daddy bitch!" Maury: "Tyrese, you are NOT the father!" And the crowd goes wild! Baby mama knocks over the chair, does a lap or two around the studio with her arms flailing, she's balling and falling down on her knees. Classic American television. This is the epitome of our nation.
I hope you had a great weekend and a happy Monday! Oh yea, I'm going home for the holiday weekend! I can NOT wait! Iowa, here I come!!! =)
Note to self: "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid." Quote of my life! =)