June 24, 2010
Okay, folks. here's the detailed version of the last couple of days.
Tuesday I get my hair cut at the Aveda Institute. I have a really big problem with getting my hair cut by anyone else besides Jan. She's my God when it comes to hair cuts, highlights and waxing. So, I'm skeptical. This is only the SECOND time in, gosh I don't know, 16 years that I've gone elsewhere.
The first time was in Chicago. We got a coupon from our school from a top salon--so I went. It was okay. Now this. Again, okay. But she was a student so I can't be too picky. It took her TWO HOURS to cut my hair! One hour of that was blow drying my hair, which she didn't even complete. I have a ton of hair, so I'm guessing she got bored. I feel ya' sister. My arm gets tired too when I blow dry.
My hair does look nice. I don't want to take credit away from her. But you know when you leave the salon and your head feels like you lost ten pounds? Yeah...I didn't get that feeling. It's okay. At least my ends aren't frazzled beyond recognition! Do you know it had been since Christmas! that I got my haircut! Who am I? I never let that happen! You can only imagine...
Wednesday. Oh Wednesday. Our office took a two and a half hour lunch! Oh yes! It was fantastic! A restaurant we represent is having their grand opening this Saturday, so the beginning of the week was meant for "mock trial" lunches. The food is out of this world! Oh my goodness, it's good!
We ordered six appetizers, each an entree, two glasses of wine each and five desserts! I can't even explain to you! I'll tell you what we ordered:
Appetizers:
Broccoli and cheese pizza: Delectable!
Salmon chips: Chopped salmon on a kettle chip with sauce and capers! Ahhhhh!
Buffalo Calamari: Yes, like the wings! Buffalo sauce over deep-fried calamari! Party in my mouth!
Miso rolls: Grilled fish in a lettuce wrap drizzled with soy/teriyaki sauce. Insane!
Deviled eggs: So good and such a cute idea!
Artichoke: Topped with cheddar and accompanied with sauce. Pretty good!
Entrees:
Lobster club sandwich: That was mine! Words can't even explain! My love for lobster runs deep and I fell in love all over again!
Lobster Cobb Salad: And they chop every little piece of salad goodness for you! Fantastic!
Salmon: So fresh!
Steak: So tender!
Two other salads that I'm not sure what they were, but they looked beautiful!
Desserts: One word. Ahhhhhhhhhleluia!
Key Lime Pie: The BEST key lime pie I've honestly ever tasted!
Peanut butter and jelly donuts: That's right! Peanut butter stuffed donuts with a house-made jam from all the berries! Oh my goodness!
Chocolate Banana Cream Pie: Oreo crust with banana filling yummy! It's absolutely fantastic!
S'Mores Pie: Yea! Served in a mini crock-pot, the warm brownie falls apart in your mouth--which by the way is topped with marshmallows! Ugh! I can't even...
Messy Sundae: The wine glass is dipped in chocolate! Yum-O! Filled with brownie, ice cream and whipped cream. I finished that one for the group! ;) Took one for the team!
So, that was my fantastic afternoon on Wednesday! Jealous? I definitely would be if I was you! I told Roxy that when she gets down here, it's a must-go place!
I worked until about 10:30 last night, then decided to meet someone for a drink. Why not? It's been a long day. We went to the Ale House, which is an awesome place by the way! Like my previous blog states, I just want someone to take me to dinner. Most would find it fantastic that a man wants to take her galavanting across the world. I would love that someday. Not after an hour and a half of casual drinks.
Before asking me to bbq--which by the way, spoke to my heart--I was asked if I had a passport. Of course I do. He tells me he wants to take me to Costa Rica! Do I have "I want to be murdered" written on my forehead? This is a recurring trend with me right now. Is this normal for Florida? God, I hope not!
Then he asks, in a relationship, do I like a man who treats me nice or a man with a lot of money. My thought, Yea, I'm a gold-digger, money-hungry type of gal! Throw in the occasional slap across the face and I think I've got it made. Really? You don't ask someone that.
One good thing: I didn't get offered to meet the parentals, nor did his car break down in the parking lot! So things are looking up! He's a really nice guy, so I'm not going to be too standoff-ish and give it another chance.
All of that food made me so nautious the last couple of days! I think it was too much rich food, ya' know? I had the feeling of a hangover, but obviously wasn't hungover. It was terrible! I still feel yucky, but getting better!
After work, I went to a complimentary pilates class at one of the gyms we represent. I've never taken a pilates class before--it was fun! I want to sign up for a membership and go everyday. And it's a great place to socialize. We had to walk through the basketball and racquetball courts to get to the studio--need I incenuate more? ;) It's funny because my friend gets really nervous around guys and she's the type to trip over herself or run into a piece of string hanging from the ceiling and fall over. She has a boyfriend, but still gets really nervous. It's funny! "Just stare straight ahead," I told her. I did the perusing for both of us.
I finally go to Cannoli Kitchen for dinner! Such a good place! Their pizza selection is out of this world! Have you ever heard of lasagna pizza? Oh yes, they make it! Chicken vodka pizza? I love vodka sauce (no, it's not alcoholic--it's red and white sauce mixed together!) Mmm....I got pasta with a tomato and basil sauce. It was delightful, but really spicy! Cannoli Kitchen is now a go-to place for me!
The Office and 30 Rock was on tonight. So damn funny! 30 Rock makes me miss New York. Everything makes me miss New York! They mentioned "The Spotted Pig" restaurant in the episode tonight. I interviewed to be a hostess there!! But it didn't work out with my hours, so I didn't get the job. It's such a cute place! It's a hole in the wall, the size of my apartment and set on a corner of a cobble-stone street in the West Village. Perfect bbq date night place! Oh man!
So, you know how I can tell who reads my blogs based on city and state? You know how many people from other countries have been reading my blogs lately? I'm talking people from Russia, Italy, Mexico, the U.K., Poland and India...funny huh? I'm international! ;) Just kidding!
I could go on and on today, but this blog is long enough. Have a Happy Friday!
Note to self: I should really probably start thinking about this. I have a lot of little "note to selves" throughout the day, but I always forget them. I suppose the only thing I've got today is this: When trying to impress your attractive neighbor by walking like a hot mama, be careful of stairs. It's never good when you trip going up the stairs as your phone goes smacking into the cement.
P.S. I know how much you love pictures, so I added some from the weekend of the birthday party. Not many, but a few...enjoy! Here!