June 25, 2010
R.I.P. Michael Jackson. You are a legend and your music and lifestyle will never be forgotten.
We were talking today at work about where we were when we found out about MJ. Where were you? Remember? I was in Niagara Falls when I heard the news. A friend from high school text me and told me because she knew my deep love for the King of Pop. I remember the parking lot I was in, what the building was, what I was wearing, everything. Isn't it strange how huge events like that make you remember every little detail?
We were talking about when we have kids, we're going to tell them, "I remember what I was doing on 9/11. I remember where I was on Michael Jackson's death. I remember Princess Diana's death."
9/11: I was in Chemistry class and my teacher said it wasn't important enough to turn on the televison. Yeah, I bet she feels like a big dummy! I think her name was Mrs. Scranton or something like that.
MJ: Niagara Falls--the news ruined my day.
Princess Diana: I was at Adventureland, and I was one of those who woke up at 4 a.m. or whatever to watch her funeral. I was convinced I was going to marry Prince William. Ha!
Tonight I'm not doing a thing. I haven't felt well the last couple of days. I've had a massive headache and pretty bad tummy ache. So, I'm going to go upstairs and fall into my many pillows, read my book and fall asleep! Tomorrow and Sunday is non-stop craziness, so I'm going to relax.
I'm watching 20/20 on Michael Jackson. It's such a devastating story and it breaks my heart!
I'm debating going home for the 4th. What do you think? I think I need to. A nice four-day weekend!
Note to self: Take advice from Michael Jackson.
"The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work."
"The meaning of life is contained in every single expression of life. It is present in the infinity of forms and phenomena that exist in all of creation."
"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe."
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with."
We love you, Michael! ;)