I'm extremely off with my counting. Whatever.
Today was a fun day at work! We had the cultural lunch I was telling you about. Want to see what I made??
Doesn't it look yummy? I can't give the recipe. It's a secret concoction of four different ingredients! ;) But aren't you impressed with the flag??
Since my dish isn't really "cultural," I turned it into one by adding the Hawkeye flag and dubbing my dip as "Iowa Traditional Tailgating" dip.
Pretty clever huh?? Everyone got a kick out of it! The food was amazing! We had food from the Philippines, Italy, Israel, Venezuela, Pakistan and France! Oooohhhh, you know it's a good day at the office when there's a table full of food involved! Then I'm pretty sure I was in a food coma the rest of the day!
My plan tonight was to come straight home and crawl into bed. I think I'm getting sick (it's going around down here). Well, it's not 11:10 and I'm still awake. I've been working on my one-year anniversary blog and it really has me in a trance. I haven't even watched one lick of television!
I thought of another title this week for the book I would one day love to write. But I'm not telling. It's a good one and I don't want anyone taking it!
Have you noticed I changed my background once again. I want to do something custom, but don't know how. These colors are really starting to bore me!
This is my response to my friend's e-mail today after she said, "GO Hawks!"
Me: Oh how the corn fields are kissed with kernels against the sunlight; how the air is filled with the wonderful aroma of hog and cow dung across the fields I like to call home; and how the natives wear mullets and spit tobacco as a decent way to pick up women. This is Iowa. And it's where I'm from. You're in God's Country now!
It's not the exact words. The original is way funnier, but I deleted the e-mail. I'm going to try and get the original tomorrow.
Last weekend of the fair. Anyone have plans?? I heard the REO Speedwagon concert was INsane!
I got asked this question today at work. She was not trying to be funny, but we were on the subject of beef jerkey. "Is that roadkill?" Hmmm....no. It may be if you were in Alabama or Mississippi. Not Iowa. We try and stick with pork, chicken, beef. You know. The essential fatty meats. =) I suppose if Uncle Earl sees a fox or coon on the side of the road, he may pick it up for an appetizer or something. But that rarely happens--only on special occasions. ;)
I really think people are starting to believe I live under a rock. No, I don't eat squirrel. My backyard is not full of corn (or potatoes) as many say. Those people are idiots. Idaho/Iowa. I guess I could see it, but come on. Daddy doesn't own a tractor. My daddy doesn't even know how to start the lawn mower! ;) Love you, dad! Mom's not slavin' over a hot stove in a floral-print apron with curlers in her hair. Our families fancy--we go to Applebee's right up the street for our dinner! ;)
Operation: BootyBuster goes into effect this weekend! I will be burning off my buttocks. How, you ask? I have no dang clue! All I know is, I'm going to start. I know I keep saying that, but this time is true. It's not right when your body stops moving, but your butt keeps jiggling. Okay, I'm not that bad, but you cringed for a second when I said that!
You know what I was wondering the other day? Okay, I went to that psychic and he told me that I don't know the person I'm going to marry. Have no clue who he is. But what if it's my best guy friend from back home? I don't see him in that way, but what if it's like in the movies? Guy and girl are best friends since Kindergarten, they grow up, date other people, don't see each other for a couple of years, then fall in love. Wouldn't that be crazy?? Greg, I'm sorry, but you are like my big brother. But just think...our families would be ecstatic, Steve and Sherry may dance in circles and you would be right all along.
Greg and I decided, if that ever happened, we would submit our story to be made into a TLC or Lifetime movie. Or he'll be a groomsmen in my wedding--that's a definite!
I'm going to sleep.
Note to self: Realizing that an ingredient in your Yoplait yogurt has similar effects to a person with ADD may be the reason you can't focus on a daily basis. Once you have consumed this aspertime-oriented ingredient, you're screwed. Kiss all your patience and attention out the window.
If in need of a snack, be hasty when picking up that little plastic of flavored, live organisms. Sounds gross right? But that's what it is! Makes me want to gag a little bit.
But if you get the Strawberry Cheesecake, it doesn't make you gag at all!
