Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 344

August 18, 2010

I'm a hypochondriac to a certain degree. One thing I don't mess around with are my eyes. You can't replace these babies. No, I'm talking about the beautiful blue color that is often times referred to as " looking into the ocean." I'm talking about the gift of sight. =)

I've been wearing my glasses now for about two weeks straight. Something I never do. My eyes burn! It could be a plethora of reasons--allergies, irritation, whatever. What do I Google? "Glaucoma Symptoms." Yup. My friend was talking to me yesterday about her dad having it, so I immediately thought this was a sign and that's what I have. Google tells me otherwise. What's next? "Why do my eyes burn?" Still haven't found the answer. My next step: go to the eye doctor.

If anyone potentially knows what could be wrong, please let me know!

Today's a busy week for me. I work both jobs, the restaurant four nights this week! Love it, but by Sunday I will be ready to crash! Tomorrow should be a fun day at work...we're having a "cultural" lunch day. Everyone in our office is from a different ethnicity, so it's going to be great to try cuisine from around the world. Problem: Iowans are known for beef, pork and corn. Not items you can really take to a pot luck. Especially when you work with a few Jewish people--meat won't go over well. I might as well bring a fruit cake!

So, I made this cream cheese/sour cream, something or rather my mom gave me the recipe to! It's so darn good! If no one else likes it...hey! I have lunch for the next three weeks! ;) How does this relate to Iowa you ask? It will as soon as I print out an Iowa Hawkeyes flag, tape it to a plastic spoon and stick it in the ball surrounded by Wheat Thins! GO IOWANS!

(Which, side note. I've already started eating the dip.) I technically didn't eat dinner, so I think it's okay to have one, two or twenty bites.

Nothing uber-exciting happened today. Go figure. So, now that's almost 1:45 a.m., I have to get to bed.

Have a Happy Thursday!

Note to self: "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise." - Robert Fritz

I saw this on a fellow Facebooker's status. I wanted to Tweet it, but it was too long and shortening it completely ruined the saying.

With compromise, sometimes comes with regrets. Certain things in life, you should never compromise: happiness, your passion and your dreams. I've learned that many people often compromise these things for money, security and social status.

What I've also learned is this: money doesn't make you happy, security doesn't always secure you anything, and social status is what you make of it. If these things are what's most important to you, that's your prerogative. Just make sure you can wake up every morning and look at yourself without asking, "What if I would have done this differently?"