Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 347 - Day 349

August 20 - August 22, 2010

The weekend. I hope yours was good! Mine was okay. I've been sick the last couple of weeks. Some things going on, but no worries...I'll be fine!

Friday I worked all night, with a splitting headache. My allergies have been something fierce this year. Plus, the cold is going around right now, so I think I caught some of it. Therefore, I came home and went to sleep.

Saturday I took this workout class at 9:30 a.m. It was so much fun! It was a workout class that incorporated drum sticks and a live drummer! Watch this! Video. Doesn't it look like fun?? It was! I haven't been able to walk normal since!

The instructor, who looked like Jillian, from the Biggest Loser was our instructor. She was a powerhouse! Bandanna in her hair, biceps screaming to bang my "drum" harder and her microphone yelling, "Do you want more?!?! Are you ready for more?!?!?! I can't hear youuuu!!!!"

NO lady! I'm NOT ready for more! You can't hear me because I can. not. breathe. My hands literally have open blisters on them, my legs are vibrating because they are so tired, and my butt is trembling because it doesn't know what I have done to it! My body is on overload and has officially began shutting down!!

So, I'm sorry if I'm not like the girl in the corner, banging her head side to side, jumping left to right like a child on crack and screaming "whhhheeeeewwww" at the top of her lungs! I think my bright red face says enough. =)

I would do it again, though! We went to breakfast at Palm Beach Bagel. The best breakfast place in Boca! Bagels are amazing, almond cinnamon french toast is to die for and the coffee is quite tasty!

Saturday night I worked and boy was it busy! I loved it! I love being busy. Just to give you a glimpse of what I deal with every. single. day. of my existence down here is this:

Me: "Mr. xxx if you will please follow me, your table is ready."
Mrs X: "Well. Are YOU going to carry my drink, or am I going to have to carry it myself?"
Me: Smirk. "Oh of COURSE I will take it for you. It would be my pleasure." Smirk. Smirk.

The whole time taking her to her table, I wanted to chug that dirty martini like I haven't had a drink of water in a week! A day in the life of Ashley in Boca Raton. Exciting huh? ;)

Sunday was a lazy day. It was nice since I worked so much of both jobs this week. But it was good! It's always nice to have a little extra money!

Hope you have a great week!

Note to self: "Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it." - Elizabeth Gilbert