Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 272 - Day 274

June 1 - June 3, 2010

June is here! Summer has officially began! At least for me! Problem: this is my first summer where I'm actually a working woman! Not really a problem, but different. Work is going great! Stressful, but good!

And that's about the extent of my updates. That's all I've been doing the last three days--work, work, work! Story of my life! But it's good because I'm learning a lot and very slowly but surely getting better!

Tuesday...what did I do Tuesday? I swear, life needs to slow down for one second! I hate how fast it goes! It's true when they say, that life goes faster the older you get! Remember when you were a kid and Christmas vacation began? Don't you remember it feeling like forever until Christmas Eve came? Did you ever have those cute little countdown calendars? I remember looking at it twenty times a day and thinking, why can't I just move the days quicker? Christmas needs to get here! And then you woke up every 30 minutes to see if Santa came? Then New Year's Eve was light-years away! Now I wish there were 30 hours in a day! Twenty four just isn't enough.

So back to Tuesday. Oh yeah. Bad day. Just a bad bad bad bad day. I went to Checker's after work and gorged my face with a cheeseburger and fries. Yes, I'm the one who promoted Subway and feeling so much better after eating that than 1,600 of fried goodness. But I was the one who went off track. I scarfed those 1,600 calories with no remorse and complete indulgence! It never tasted so good in my life! There's nothing a little (or a lot) of greasy food to fix a stressful day. And after I scarfed down all of the yummy goodness, I wrote the best pitch of my life!

Wednesday. Chow's--women drink for free and again, another stressful day. It's the place to go! Then $5 burger night. Then Dubliner. It was a great Wednesday! I had a lot of fun and got my mind off work for a split second! The Dubliner is an Irish bar in Mizner Park. It's a really chill place that's fun to go and shoot the you-know-what.

Thursday. A better day. Could have been better, but better than Tuesday and Wednesday. Maybe this means my life is taking a turn for the better. Let's all keep our fingers crossed and our faith going strong! ;) I assisted on another television segment. It was fun! I like working with television!

I made some killer guacamole tonight. I've pretty much perfected the art of making perfectly mushed avocados, scallions and lime juice! I have two secrets that I will never tell to making it a success!

Well...back to work! Goodnight!

Note to self: Reach for the stars. When people tell you to maybe scale back and not focus so broad, don't listen to them. Do what you want to do because your persistence and hard work will definitely pay off! Don't lose faith and just keep pushing because those who reach small, catch pebbles. Those who reach for the stars, catch the moon! Don't forget the little guys, but still focus on the big picture! I'm telling you, it will be worth your while! ;)