I get a voicemail today from my best friend back home saying, "Hey Ash, it's me Maddie. I know you're probably still working because you're a workaholic..." Sadly enough, it's true. But here's my defense: I have a very strong personality. And for those who know me are shaking their heads. When I put my mind to something, I don't quit until it's finished. And everything I've ever set my mind to...it happens. (Knock on wood, of course!) There is some...possibilities...we'll say at work for some pretty important things to happen. And I'm going to make it happen. If it means all I do is work, that's what it means!
But tonight...I'm taking the night off! Kind of! We're suppose to go play lazer-tag, but considering everyone had a pretty rough week, we decide to stay in and just hang out. Fine by me! However, since my mind has been constantly racing with work for the past two solid weeks, I don't know what to do. I try to not think about it, but random stuff keeps popping in my head. I was talking to my grandma about my work and it sparked another idea. Just a hint: "Grandma didn't really get run-over by a reindeer..." I'll explain at a later date! I saw the best press release opener today! It said, "Hey Cutie! I've got Viagra in my pocket!" How funny is that?! I love it!
So, it's been a while since I've posted my favorite music-of-the-moment. Below is a list of my favorite summer sons, released thus far! It's a great way to start your Saturday!
- In My Head
- Break Your Heart
- California Girls
- Airplanes (Acoustic-version! Really great!)
- Soul Sister
- Baby
- How Low
- Naturally
- OMG
- Nothin' On You
- Evacuate the Dancefloor
- Cooler Than Me
- Billionaire Live Acoustic Version! Click here! Awesome!
- Breakeven
- This Afternoon (Such a great Nickelback song!)
- Rock That Body
- Imma Be
- Love Drunk
- Eenie Meenie
- Your Love is My Drug
I hope you danced your little booties off! ;)
If anyone knows of someone who is addicted prescription pain killers, have them email me! One of my clients is a medical detox company, specializing in the detoxification of opiate, alcohol, and benzodiazepine addiction. Even more so, the detox from Suboxone/Subutex! Those who are addicted will know what it is. It will be for a specific reason, so let me know! =)
I would have never thought in my entire life that I would know so much about medicine and the medical profession. Not that I'm close to being an expert, but I can definitely carry on an intelligent conversation with those in the medical profession! I love it! Well, the numbers part of it sucks, but everything else is really fascinating!
So, I'm watching "The Replacements" and they're playing the song, "Duh-duh-duh-duh-duh HEY!" You know what I'm talking about? Oh that brings back memories! Back to my freshman year of college...in my dorm room...at about 3am...in my cheerleading uniform....showing everyone my dance routines. Why? Because I had to. It was pretty funny. I busted out the pom poms and everything! I even whipped out my no-handed cartwheel! Good times!
Sometimes I still feel like I'm a freshman in college. South Florida does bad things for a person. ;) No, I'm just kidding. But it does make you feel young! Until you wake up. Then you feel like you're 80! ;)
All right. Well, I'm going to go and try to relax. Huh...good luck to me!
Note to self: "May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, and enough hope to make you happy."
Stay Sweet: Always remember that today is a gift and you are lucky to be alive and healthy. It's so great to smile--whether at yourself, someone else, or someone gives it to you. Being happy (although sometimes hard) is one emotion that definitely causes no wrinkles, headaches, or stress in a person's life!
Stay Strong: Life can definitely prove to be challenging. But it's those challenges in life that make you who you are as a person. Where would people be if everything came to them on a silver platter? All of the greats have struggled and been through much harder trials than myself. Recognize that and realize that you're hard work and dedication will make you a better person than you can think of, and you will be respected by all.
Stay Human: There is nothing more flattering than a genuine human being. Make mistakes, say a good curse word, and eat that bag of Oreos! Learn from what you do in life and be honest with yourself. Don't let anyone or any situation deter you from what you expect. Sometimes it's easy to get away from who we are and what we want in life. Always remember to take a step back and ask yourself, "Is this really what I want?" If you can't answer yourself in the first second, then think twice about your situation.
Stay Hopeful: Keep your chin up and have a positive attitude, it will come and reward you in the end. The more hopeful you are, the greater chance at succeeding. Reason: the more hope = more determination = more hard work. Be hopeful that when you put yourself out there; whether in work, relationships, goals, whatever--you'll get the outcome you're looking for.
There's my advice for the week! Mushy, but it's good to know. And I've heard so from a lot of great people!