April 6 - April 12, 2010
Okay! I apologize for no blogging! It has been one crazy and fun week! My parents were in town! Well, my mom is still in town because Allegiant Air lost her reservation. Then, a guy named Ryan, told her "I don't care" that her reservation was lost! Bastard! Don't fly through them.
With my parents in town, I got a lot of stuff done, surprisingly! I got a queen size bed, a couch and chair, cable, internet, etc. Fantastic! Funny story. I was eavesdropping on my new neighbor talking to someone else and overheard them talking about furniture for sale. So, I walked out and told them I was listening to them and wanted to see the furniture! Ha! So, I went and looked and bought a couch! It's so comfortable! Then, I went to Rooms-To-Go and found the matching chair! How crazy is that?! It worked out perfectly! Have you ever been to this store? It's amazing! Such cute furniture and not that expensive! Check it out!
My little townhouse is coming together! It's so cute, I can't even tell you! I will be posting pictures once everything gets out of boxes and in their respective places. I know you will love it! I wake up every morning to my little ducks, turtles, water, and palm trees! Minus the fact that I can't escape the igloo! My mother can't function properly, unless it's -45 degrees. Her and my dad were complaining when it was 80 degrees. I thought it felt great! I'm telling you...I'm made for this weather!
I took them to The Whale's Rib, Flannigan's, Rocco's Tacos, Bob's Pizza, and of course, Hagaan Daas, and Kilwin's! I didn't get to at Kilwin's, but dad made sure to stop by! It's delicious! My mom and dad rented a scooter! Hahahaha! Too funny! And no crash, like I did! For those of you who don't you, it's a long story. To shorten it up, when I rented one, I crashed into three cars, one of which I hit with my body, head first. Ended up in the hospital and paying $750 for the scooter. My dad says to the guy, "Don't I get a discount, since I bought this scooter once?" Haha! Way to go dad!
We went to the beach, which was gorgeous! I am still in la-la land that I live here. It's gorgeous! Check out my pictures on my Picassa Album. They aren't many, but they're good! Oh yeah! I took them to Miami! Holy fun! Miami has such a lively and brilliant vibe to it! It makes you feel like you're back in college, ready to hit the town and party all night! The neon lights, pumping music, gorgeous people, and contagious energy, makes you alive! It's fantastic! We took the tame route, but it's only a matter of time... ;)
We met my neighbor! He moved in a day after I did. Great guy! Likes to party, and nice! It makes me feel a little more safe to know he's right next door! I also met his kids. Thank goodness he only has them every other weekend! They are great kids, but noisy as hell! Not only did they play dungeons and dragons, or some kind of sword game, chase and squawk at the ducks, they ran around, screaming day and night! I saw my hot neighbors in tip top shape! They were leaving to go out, as my parents and I were heading in! I have my eye on one--he's tall, blonde, tan, and one beautiful human being! He's my new firefighter! ;) For those who don't know, I'm talking about the fireman I was in love with.
One night, I went out with my work! The owners took us to Il Bacio! It was fun! It's a restaurant/club in Delray Beach. The food is fantastic and the nightlife was so much fun! They had a live band, so we danced, and had a great time! Then we went to a couple of other bars in Delray. Apparently, this is the place to go out! It was a lot of fun! I'll definitely be hanging out there!
Oh my gosh! I almost forgot to tell you! Before dinner, a few of us went to this bar in Mizner Park. On Wednesday and Fridays, girls drink for free! Yes, you're reading right! I said FREE! Amazing! They already know me by name! By the time I'm settled in, they're going to know my whole life story! ;) How fantastic is this? Dangerous, but whatever! I do have self-control!
I'm coming back to Iowa this weekend! My bestie is having her bachelorette party! Oh man! I can't wait! I bought the perfect "shimmy" dress. For those who don't know what a "shimmy" is, it's when you hold your arms out to the side, bent at the elbows; shake your shoulders (and in my case, my girls) back and forth. It's my favorite thing to do! Try it! I'm smiling thinking of everyone doing it at their desk or at home in front of the computer right now! Google it!
Note to self: Don't always listen to your GPS. We named mine, Esther! After my great-grandma who spoke directions out loud, at every single move. What the sign read when you passed it, you made a wrong turn, you have to go here, you have to go there. Well, my Esther is a pain! Even though she tells you "turn right, then turn right, then right." Realize that she is taking you in a circle. So, to prevent such a waste of time, just turn around. Don't let the GPS waste your time. And when she likes to take into the ghetto for whatever reason, be cautious. When you see yourself driving into an area of town that cops would typically not go, maybe you should turn Esther off and not listen to her. And yes, there are areas down here that are a bit scary.