April 13, 2010
Happy Birthday Abby!!!!! I miss you and hope you had the happiest day ever!!!!! Mom and I did more shopping today! Whew hew! After work, of course. We went to Crate & Barrel (love!), Anthropology (love!), Neiman Marcus (love!) That store is amazing! I found a dress that a celebrity would wear to the Oscar's or something. Guess how much it was! I'm guessing, that you're thinking, it's around $7,000 - $10,000, right? Wrong. It was actually $15,000. Yea. I about had a heart attack!
It was absolutely gorgeous! It was black and white, with floral lace detail, tulle, and a ribbon belt. It was beautiful! Then, I found my Christian Louboutin shoes! Love them! And some make-up, and some jewelry. By the time I left there, I would have spent about $30,000! That's a down payment on a house, possibly a car, a whole new wardrobe, a trip around the world. Anything really! And I would have got maybe ten things. Crazy, huh?? It was fun though!
We went to dinner at a pizza joint in town. We got the bruschetta pizza. It sounds fantastic, but it didn't have sauce. I'm a big sauce person. I need the moisture to make food items more tasty, I suppose. So, in all honesty, it was gross! I hate to say it, but it was. Our waitor was insanely good looking and he was Italian, so he had that charm about him. Ugh! I don't know what it is, but they could just stand there and look at me, and I would melt. I don't get it.
Tonight, we're driving home and I turn the radio to a hip hop station. They do a segment where people call in to say goodnight to their loved ones. We caught a funny one:
Host: "Who do you want to say goodnight to?"
Girl: "I want to say goodnight to my baby daddy." (Ah geeze!)
Host: "So you're not with your baby daddy?"
Girl: "Nah, he got mad me for going to the spring bling with another guy."
Host: "Oh, well what was he thinking?" (sarcastic)
Girl: "And he didn't even see me. His fraaaannndd saw me."
Host: "Who was the guy? His friend?"
Girl: "No, it was my girlfriend's guy that she's been foolin' around wit."
Host: "So, you went to the spring bling with another dude, who was foolin' around with your friend?"
Girl: "Well, yea. Now my baby daddy don't want nothin' to do with me, and I just don't get it."
Host: "Hmm....well...."
It went on and on, but it was really funny! Way to go little lady. Way to give women a good name!
Note to self: Do I always have to have words of wisdom? I'm blank today. I will tell you, I think my body is going on shut down mode. I am exhausted. I'm not used to getting up at 6:30 a.m. and working until 6:00 p.m. The real world sucks when it comes to this. I'm used to NYC work: 10 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Five o'clock was pushing it. It's time to become a grandma and go to bed at 9 o'clock. Sucky! I want to go back to college! ;)