Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 126

January, 7 2010

I wake up this morning, still not feeling well. But I think to myself, I need to have the fresh attitude and outlook on the city, as if I just moved here all over again. I feel like I've started taking the cities little quirks for granted. Things I once found funny, are just now normal. It's not normal a lady pulls out her rather large, professional-looking camera and takes two pictures of me, while I'm walking to work today. Yes...this really did happen. I didn't know whether or not to be like Madonna and "Vogue," or keep walking. Considering I am quite stunned at the fact she would do this and the flash blinded me ever-so-slightly, I continue walking. Why does she want my picture?? I do have a rather cute outfit on today...I bet this is why! ;)

But in all seriousness...I tell myself this morning, no cell phone usage and no iPod usage on the way to work this morning. You are going to pay attention to your surroundings and actually take in all that is going on around you. One problem: there is NOTHING going on around me. Normal people walking to work. I guess all of the weirdos hide out on Thursday mornings. I'm tired of seeing men in suits (okay...maybe not) ;), and women in suits, and people walking their dogs. Whan! Whan! Give me something exciting to jump start my morning!

I only last a block and a half, then I whip out the phone. I don't really have a lot to say or converse about, but it fills my time and I get to catch up with my poor mother who is house-ridden, due to the God-awful snow and weather in Iowa. I get bored so easily with nothing to listen to! I always get irritated with myself about my impatience, but it's something I just can't help. I love talking! I love music! And I love being around people! I have been blessed with the gift of gab! And those of you who know me are probably shaking your heads up and down right now! ;)

So, the last few days I've had a really nervous stomach. I don't know why. But I will tell you, every time in my past, no matter if it was second grade, high school, or college...whenever I get a nervous stomach, something always happens a short time later. I have nothing to be nervous about. Maybe I'm just being paranoid...but we'll see! It could be all of the coffee I've been drinking. My name is Ashley and I'm an addict. =)

I have three cups of coffee today. It's getting bad. Caffeine is like alcohol to me. I get the urge to dance, I think everything is comical, and I get really friendly! It's great! No hangover! Problem is, when I'm sitting in my cube, all by myself, the only thing I can laugh at is me. So, as I'm perusing on the computer for beauty products, random ideas and thoughts pop in my head, and I start laughing out loud to myself. Probably to things that are not in the least bit funny. For example...I'm looking up makeup websites. Literally, after two hours of researching, a site pops up on Google...www.makeup.com. I say out loud, "Hmm...makeup.com. (I shrug ever so slightly) Who would have thought?" Then, I start laughing at the fact of how I can be so dumb that this is not the first thing I thought of. AND, it takes me two hours to discover it! Dummy!

I'm walking home and I always walk down 42nd St. until I reach 8th Avenue. You know the Conde Nast building that was on the news for having a white van sitting in front of it...potentially a bomb? Yeah...I walk by there everyday. Comforting, right? =) I know no one else finds this funny but me. But anyways...right down the street is the heart of Times Square. To the left, there is a large train station. It is CLEAR that's what it is. Look at this picture, here. So, I'm walking and I hear this girl say, "Oh my God! Like, I totally thought that was a Subway restaurant. I mean, who wouldn't think that? With like, all of the eating places around here." Ha! You big dummy! What part of this picture makes you think of footlong sandwiches? Maybe it's just me. ;)

I'm almost done with Eclipse. It's the third book in the Twilight series. It doesn't help I'm a hopeless romantic. Jacob is so great and Edward is even better! They both love the same girl and both are fighting their hardest to get/keep her! Must be nice! To know a guy will do everything in his power to never let you go. Ahhh...that's the life! ;)

My friend, Shelby, calls me tonight. We're talking about relationships and how our friends have been getting married and are getting ready to be married. I say, "One day, a man is going to walk through the doors and be the man of my dreams!" She replies with, "Yes, he's going to be the heir to the Hostess Cupcake throne!" LOL! What?! That's so funny! Of all thrones, I get the HoHo God! Too funny! We then start talking about a college reunion in the next 3-5 years. I find this place today on Vogue.com. Check it out, here! It's in Jackson Hole, Wyoming--in the Grand Teton Mountains. It sounds a little odd, but it looks so beautiful! They have cabins overlooking the mountains, hiking, float trips, etc. What a perfect way to spend with great friends!! Nice and relaxing, but full of crazy potential!

Note to self: Go home, don't turn on the television, and just read in quiet. Reading is such a great way to get your mind off of everything. You never have to really think while reading. You consume yourself with the fictional story so much, that the real world no longer exists for the two or so hours you spend hovered in your bed. It's nice to be in complete silence and not be bored. Weird, right? Considering a few short hours ago I was bouncing home, talking a hundred miles a minute on the phone, with my arms flailing all over the place!