December 15, 2009
One hundred days of living in New York City!!! Oh yeah!! Did you think I would make it? To all you doubters...well...I did! Ha! It's been a whirlwind, that's for sure! I've never been such an emotional wreck in my whole entire life these last four months than I have been since I've moved here. I feel like I'm slightly bi-polar or something. No, I'm just kidding. But I will tell you, this city tests your personality and maturity. It makes you realize how strong of a person you are, your strengths, most definitely your weaknesses, and whether or not you have what it takes to hack it out here. It's an emotional struggle, but it's a true test of character and can only make you a better person!
I haven't even seen a quarter of what this city has to offer and I'm in love. So, what did I do to celebrate my 100th day here? Not a whole hell of a lot. I work from 9 a.m. until 11 p.m. Exciting, huh? I will tell you, my internship is amazing today! My two editor's have their "beauty sale." I can't even tell you. I'm like a little girl at Barbie World! There is so much there and for a ridiculously cheap price tag. I'm talking $1 to $5 here! Needless to say, I go hog wild, stock up, and get some pretty great Christmas gifts! Oh yea!
So, everyone knows I have two jobs. One of my jobs, which shall remain nameless, really ticks me off today. I have a question...would you reprimand only one of two employees who did something wrong? And in front of other people? Probably not. I would at least hope not. I would hope you would have the decency and common respect to make it professional and take it to a private place. And if you're going to reprimand me...be fair, and reprimand the other person as well. We are both at fault. At least I'm adult enough to admit it.
Let's back up. I am human. As much as I like to think I'm perfect, I'm not. ;) I hate to break it to you and I know it's hard for people to believe this, but I will make mistakes. I know. Close your mouths. It does happen! ;) Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot.
So, here in the city, men like to holler after you as you walk down the street. As I'm walking home tonight, a man hollers after me. I ignore it, of course, because I'm not going to answer to, "Hey gorgeous, how you doin?" I got to thinking...are these people used to hollering after women and being ignored? After a while, wouldn't it get old to be constantly rejected? Haha! Or do most women actually stop and talk to these men? I find it comical. What am I suppose to say? "Oh hey, baby. What's your name? Want to go out? Can I ride on the spokes of your bike?" Sounds hott, right? Maybe I should try it. Yea, right! With my luck, I'll end up dead somewhere! I think I'll continue to ignore it.
I get to sleep in until 7:30 tomorrow morning! I'm so excited! And I don't have to work at the restaurant tomorrow night! Yay!!! I have a lot of wrapping to do after all of my great buys today! I love Christmas! Goodnight blog world! Until tomorrow.
Note to self: Kill people with kindness. It's a great satisfaction to be nice, (not fake), and know that the other person is just dying inside! The people, who are most irritating to you, are probably not happy people, so they feed off other people's negative energy. Just like I said yesterday, take your negative energy and turn it into something positive.