November 4, 2009
GO Yankees!! Yay for World Series Champs!!!! It's crazy here and I absolutely love it! I can't wait to see what they do to celebrate! Parade? That would be cool!! I wish I could have been there!
It has been one great day! The Yanks, my first day at my internship, and I made some pretty nice tips at the restaurant. Yes, Better Homes & Garden Magazine is a complete blast to work for! It's only day one and I walk out with nearly three pounds of free beauty products! I can definitely get used to this! How amazing?! Bags and bags full of products that companies send the editors. Whatever they don't want, I can have! What girl could have it better? I can do my Christmas and Birthday shopping for family and friends in the comfort of my work! ;) It's a beautiful thing!
Not to mention the work I get to do. It's a mixture of administrative tasks, assisting with photo shoots, editing, etc. I get to dip my hands into all aspects of the department. I am so fortunate to have been given this opportunity and you bet I am going to make the most out of it, and work my booty off to make a good impression! Meredith Corporation is such a great company to be a part of, and I am so thankful for the great recommendations coming from within the company! My editors are absolutely amazing! They are awesome women and they are a ton of fun!!!
Work is fun, as usual. My co-workers are so much fun and I really enjoy myself there! Checking coats is a great way to make some extra money in tips! I didn't even realize! However, when they tell you to buy slip-resistant shoes, don't wear your super-cute flat boots, no matter how much they make your outfit look good. When you continue to slip, you are eventually going to face plant it. And that will be nothing short of humiliating. So, I will no longer be wearing these boots that I adore. It's back to the old woman, black flats that will keep me from a broken leg!
Note to self: Even though it looks sunny out, the buildings create quite the shadows. So, don't wear your sunglasses. People aren't looking at you because they find you attractive. No. They are probably looking at you, thinking, Who is divalicious here, wearing her sunglasses when the sun is not shining. Also, wearing leggings with a sweater dress is cute, but not when you keep pulling at it to make sure your booty doesn't play peek-a-boo with innocent by-standers. Don't tug at yourself. And stop walking like your thighs are glued together. That's why people are staring. They're trying to figure what the hell you're doing and what on earth is wrong with you! They're sympathy/concerned/confused glances. That's it.