Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 58

November 3, 2009

The last few months, when I decide to do something. I just do it. I don't really think about the consequences, the repercussions, the negatives, or the positives. I just go for it. It's completely unlike me to act this way. But I figure, why not? I've always lived on the "safe" side and over-analyzed everything I've ever done. Which led me back to where I didn't want to be.

My grandma sent me an e-mail yesterday that read, "The challenge you face is of your own design--that's what makes it worthwhile. Even so, you might not be sure whether you can do it. The faith of someone close to you will make the difference." Pretty good, huh? Totally pertains to my life and how I just jumped into moving to NYC and going after jobs, I never thought I would get. Taking risks and not even caring about the outcome. And guess what...it has been worthwhile and it's all worked out quite nicely!

So, I'm at work today and it's crazy, as usual. But I love it! It turns five o'clock and another hostess comes in to take over. I say, "Hey girl!" Then, I hear, "Hey!" I turn around and guess who it is? It's a guest of the restaurant, and she's black. Of course! She probably is thinking, who is this white girl, and why is she addressing me as 'Hey girl' when I walk in the restaurant. It looks like I'm completely racially profiling her. Go figure that happens to me.

One thing I like about being new--if you make a mistake, no one gets mad at you. My dad always tells me, "You can play the 'Oh shit' card once, but after that, you better be ready to be held accountable." So true. Needless to say, my 'oh shit' card has now expired.

I get home and I have two letters in the mail! I love mail! One is another Starbucks gift card--I love it! And the second are pictures of my cousin's baby! He is so cute! Now, I have pictures to put in my empty picture frames in my apartment!

My friend Shelby calls me today to wish me luck tomorrow on my first day as the Better Homes & Garden, Fashion & Beauty Editorial intern. Yes, that is a lot to say in one sentence. She then tells me she is researching blogs and she got tired, so she started reading mine for fun! If you're reading this today Shelby, Get back to work! ;) Love you!

I have to say, I'm getting annoyed with "New Moon." I'm tired of Bella and Jacob. I'm ready for Edward to come back! I'm over the werewolves, Victoria, and the repetitious "Bella feeling sorry for herself." It's time the book gets exciting! And it's almost over! Time for the pace to pick up. I did see a preview for the premier on November 20. I will be one of those nuts who is there at the midnight showing. I can't help myself anymore.

Note to self: Have faith. When you're having a difficult time with something, try not to think about it. Just have faith that everything will happen all in good time. Don't give up that faith because it will happen. What you want in life, you will succeed. With effort, time, and faith. No one said life is easy, they just said it would be worth it! ;)