Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 57

November 2, 2009

Can you believe it's already November? I can't! It only means one thing...I will soon be 25. Ugh! Horrid, I know! If I can stay 25 forever, I would be okay with that. I do not want to get older!

Besides this fact, today is a great day! I start my new job at The Capital Grille today. It is such a great place to work! The people are amazing--the managers don't talk to you like you're nothing. Unlike my previous job. I already have benefits, we get a free dinner everyday, and the best part...drum roll please...they are closed on Thanksgiving! Whew hew! The one thing I have been worrying about since I started applying for jobs! It's amazing! I can now enjoyably go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with my brother and not have to worry about work! ;)

You should really check out their menu. Their food looks amazing, the atmosphere is a professional, yet elegant take on Old Hollywood Glamour, and the friendly staff, I know I will come to grow and love! Who doesn't love free coffee all day? I'm raising my hand, because I know I do! Let's not forget the rather attractive, business men that come strolling through our doors. That's just a bonus! And I've only been there a day! I may need to cool myself off a bit!

I come home, tired from the long day. After talking to my friend, Dyanna, on the phone, I turn to none other than "New Moon." I'm already 3/4 the way done! I can't even believe it. I now want to take up the hobby of reading. It's so different than watching tv. When I watch tv, my mind still wanders in a million different directions. When I read, I'm only focused on what's going on with the book. I love it! What a way to forget about everything!

I'm watching the series! What a great one! I love how the game's go back and forth. Phillies, Yankees, Yankees, now Phillies! I love it! I'm still for the Yankees because I want to see what the city turns into after they win! It's going to be one crazy phenomenon! I want to be a part of it! Baseball is my favorite sport. It's the All-American dream of sports! I was in Chicago when the Sox won the series, and now I'm in NYC where there is a potential for the same thing. I think I'm their secret good luck charm! I should get compensation for this! I would even settle for a date with a player! ;)

Note to self: When you give someone advice, maybe you should listen to yourself and really hear what you're saying. What you tell your friends is often something that pertains to your life. Take your own advice. You are your best critique. And you are ultimately the one who knows you best and knows what is best for you. When you tell your friend, "You deserve someone who doesn't treat you like crap. Don't put up with his crap. He's not worth it. You deserve someone who thinks you're the world!" And she says, "Yeah, he thinks the sun shines out of my ass, already." Haha! Listen to yourself and realize that you're in the same situation, and you should probably listen to yourself more! Hello, sister! You're not an idiot! I know it's easier said than done, but wake up to reality! I know we have all been here! Do you think we will ever really listen to ourselves? =) Probably not. But it's always nice to think that we do, and that we really do try! ;)