Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day 54, 55, 56

October 30-November 1

Halloween Weekend! I got a little side-tracked this weekend, so decided to just clump it all into one big blog. As previously stated, Friday night is low-key. I spend all day, walking all over the city to find a pair of cat ears for Halloween night. My costume comes in the mail, in hopes my body will still fit into it. Considering I wore it last when I was a fit high schooler, I'm a little nervous! So, scouring the city is okay with me at this point. Any form of last-minute exercise is crucial! Which explains my limited amount of eating!

I watch the movie, Twilight. Okay, so maybe Rob Pattinson is amazing! However, I think it's more his character that I'm fascinated with, rather than him personally. Edward is the best man ever created! (Even if he is only fictional) The ending...not a fan! The book is much better. I'm highly anticipating New Moon!

Saturday comes and I am ready to go out! I still have yet to try on the costume! I'm too nervous that my butt cheeks are going to be sneaking out the sides of the leotard, so I'm avoiding it at all costs! ;) I go to the liquor store to buy a bottle of really cheap wine and I hear, "Trick or treat! Happy Halloween!" I get really excited! A liquor store handing out Halloween treats? I wonder what it could be?? As I'm checking out, I turn to see young children getting candy from the counter! Only in NYC can a child walk into a liquor store and receive candy. While they're telling jokes, mom and dad can purchase a little vodka, maybe some whiskey...Trick-or-Treating will be more fun for them this way! ;) I could tell a good joke for a shot! Maybe raising kids in the city isn't so bad after all! ;)

We go to a bar called, Amalia. Apparently, it's one of the hottest new spots in New York. It's really cool! The music is a mix of 80s and modern hip hop. And I do, successfully, get into my costume! Yes! I don't know how I do it, but somehow, short men are attracted to me. And last night...a short black man, tries to convince me that I need to date men of his race. I'm not opposed, but the height...he looks like my younger, twelve-year-old brother. I do not want to be plagued as a pedophile if we go to a bar. And...who gets into serious issues on Halloween?

Talk of cheating, politics, and past relationships? No thank you! I just met you sir, with absolutely no intentions of going out with you. Let's just call it a night after you tell me that cheating is okay and I'm still young, so "I'm excited for you, Bridgett." Yeah, I'm Bridgett to those who I want to leave me alone! I'm sorry your 5-year long relationship ended, but it's not really a hot topic to be discussed while I'm out with friends. Men need to stop thinking I'm a female Dr. Phil! I can't solve your problems! Thank goodness it's time to go!

Street meat! Oh yes! It has been too long! I am thoroughly excited it is on our way home. And small world...I run into a woman from Davenport! People from Iowa keep popping up all over out here! I love it! My favorite thing about walking home. Valerie asks a couple, "Hey, what are you?!" Their serious response, "Indian." The funny thing...she isn't asking about your ethnicity, people. She wants to know your costumes! Hahahaha! I can't help but laugh out loud! Classic!

Sunday is low-key as well. I start New Moon! I cannot wait any longer. I have already read 200 pages! I'm a little disappointed already that Edward is gone. But, I will admit, I snuck ahead to read the last five sentences and much to my pleasure, Edward is back! A part of my heart sunk when he said he no longer wanted Bella. It's like, I'm going through the break up! That Stephenie Meyer is one great writer! The perfect ending to a weekend...Sunday night television. Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, and the Yankees game. Cheers to a good weekend!

Note to self: The Internet is a dangerous thing. When you walk down the street, pretty exposed, and people randomly take pictures of you, it makes you wonder how many Facebook pages you're going to end up on, and you're going to have no idea! It's probably a smart idea to turn your cheek, so by some small chance, others you know will not recognize you if something like this happens. When people whistle and yell from the sidewalk and their cars, "Hey, sex kitten," don't look. Although Halloween is a night you can dress like this and enjoy yourself, you should also be a little pre-cautious.