Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 53

October 29, 2009

I finish the book today! And I must say, I am much anticipating "New Moon." I can't wait to see if he really turns Bella into a vampire! If I was her, I would do anything for that boy! Or should I say, man? ;) My friend also leant me the movie, so that's on my agenda for tomorrow. I know it's going to be Friday night, but considering my much anticipated Halloween, I think staying in is a good idea! I also told myself Rob Pattinson isn't as "dreamy" as everyone says, but after reading the book, I guess we'll see.

I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Don't you wish you could know why at the very moment something happens? Well, today, I go looking for special shoes I have to buy for my new hostess job. I cannot find them anywhere. I go to Payless, where I am directed to go, and when I ask the lady, she just stares at me. "You know, the shoes with stick-resistant at the bottom?" I say. Nothing. Just a blank stare. "Okay then, can you point me to size 8 section?" I say. Blank stare. Hmm...okay, then. Guess I will find it myself. They don't have any. I go up to her and ask if she can call another store so I don't walk all the way there and them not have any. Again, blank stare. Really? Are you a retard? (Insert "The Hangover" version of this word)

I go to the next store. Guess what the lady does when I ask her the same questions? Blank stares. I do realize the complexity of the question, Where are your slick resistant shoes?, but I'm not asking for brain surgery. I don't think anyways. Then, I get a call from the other employer who I am hoping to get a hostess job there. I got it! This must be the reason as to why the deaf/mutes as Payless can't find what I'm looking for!

I decide to do a little retail therapy! And I get a lot, for a little! I love these shopping days! As much as I hate going into Forever 21 and H&M, I reluctantly do so, but come out with bags and pleasantly surprised. Through all of the clutter, you can find some really great stuff! I buy my first pair of leggings. I'm becoming more of a New Yorker day by day. I'm hoping it does double duty--stylish and figure flattering. I don't want my booty jiggling while I walk the streets!

On my way home, I stop by the local fruit stand to purchase some more produce. Like normal shoppers, I check out each carton of strawberries to assure the quality; then I hear as I'm pushed out of the way, "Honey, they're all the same." I politely ignore this crackly, old woman. She says it again. This time, waving her hand in front of me. Lady! Does it look like I'm pestering you while you are shopping, smoking your cigarette? Hell to the no! I would not go near your wrinkly body with a ten foot pole! I don't need advice on how to produce shop. I believe I look old enough to do my own shopping.

I come home to a box awaiting my arrival. Every time I get a package from home, it's like Christmas! My parents always pack it full of goodies! I get food, things for my coffee, and a set of purple hardware. That's right. My hammer, screwdriver, some plier things, and other things that I have no idea what their purpose is, are adorned with purple! I love it! I can now be stylish while I pretend to be handy!

Note to self: Surprisingly, I don't recall any "Note to self" today. Due to high stress, my brain has lately, never really settled enough on one topic to really stop and think about. I have thought about "A day in the mind of Ashley." Writing down every thought that crosses through my mind. Because even when I'm just standing around, I often think to myself, Where did that come from? What ever made you think of that? I can't believe you're thinking about this. My mind often wanders to a different subject, I would say, eh, every 30 seconds or so. So, maybe...it would be funny to read! ;)