Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 5

September 11, 2009

As the city paid tribute to the tragedy of 9-11-01 and Fashion Week continues to be all the rave here, my day did not start off well. I know I'm posting a day late, but let me tell ya'...

I woke up to rain...and I mean lots of rain! It was probably not the best day to venture out and look for jobs! But it has to be done! As I leave, I realize my umbrella is broken. I go buy another one from a convenient store next to the apartment. $7 later I leave...only to find out that the fierce wind is bound and determined to break the damn thing! You should have seen it--blowing and turning the umbrella inside out; coming off of the hooks--it was a mess. But all I did was laugh at myself (and cuss to myself, somewhat out loud). =)

Job hunting is NO fun! But I did get an interview at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and Planet Hollywood in Times Square! So, that's exciting! And...I signed my lease today!!! Yay!!! Move in date is set for September 16th!!!! My apartment building is so awesome and the staff could not be better to work with!!! And...thanks to my broker for accidentally finding the place for me!!

The day only got better when I found a place, close to my new apartment, that makes BBQ Chicken Pizza. My favorite!!! Probably the best BBQ Chicken I've ever had. The sauce is amazing!! It's called Two Boots Pizza--a cute little shop with wildly painted windows and a great chocolate chip cookie! ;)

On a Friday, why not go out? It's my first weekend in NYC! It's a must! We go to a bar in Midtown East only to be surrounded by the "frat boy" type. Hey, I'm not complaining! ;) It was fun! Good music, cheap drinks! After getting MORE pizza and some garlic rolls, I go to bed!

Note to self: Even though umbrellas can be expensive, pay the extra money for a good one. The cheap ones cause nothing but problems. You know this when people are staring and smirking at you because you are spending more time trying to fix the umbrella then it is serving its purpose. But you have to learn to laugh at yourself. In a situation like this, you will look like a bigger ass being serious about the situation, then laughing at yourself and how ridiculous it is that Muhammad sold you a janky umbrella.