Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 6

September 12, 2009

It was nice to not have to set my alarm this morning. I took my time getting ready for a job interview at Planet Hollywood in Times Square, which I got! It's not the ideal pay, but will do for now! Have you ever been so annoyed with life, all you want to do is go home and lie in bed? Today was one of those days.

I'm waiting for Marc, the P.H. manager, and a young boy is wailing in the booth. Four words--control your kid, lady. That is birth control enough for me, right there. So, I leave and am waiting to cross the street, when I feel a poking--more like a jab--to my head. I turn around, just annoyed at life and stupid people, only to find an 80-year-old, four foot woman holding an umbrella. She practically mowed me over to cross the street. You can't say anything to her--she's old and on a mission!

The rain did not stop today. Nor did the pigeons flying around and towards me. I hate pigeons! They don't care where you are--they will fly right to your face. Ugh, they give me the willies!

There was one positive to the day. Beautiful men walking in my general direction. I, of course, check out every single one of them. Who wouldn't? You should have seen them! One even gave me a free fire fighter hat! One in particular was especially attractive, so what did I do? I proceeded to knock my umbrella against a metal post; this caused the umbrella to bump and poke me in the face. He was then accompanied by his girlfriend who grabbed his hand. Nice, Ashley. Nice.

Tonight is a chill night. I'm watching The Devil Wears Prada and eating pasta, wishing I could live the high life of the fashion industry. It has inspired me to achieve this goal in my life. After being really homesick today, I am ready for tomorrow. It's a brand new day! Good night!

Note to self (on job hunting): Patience really is a virtue. You cannot expect instant gratification all the time in your life. You need to relax and understand things take time. Make high expectations for yourself and your life, but not so high that you are only setting yourself up for failure. Have a fun imagination, but also be realistic. You do not want to continually be disappointed if life--especially a job--doesn't work out exactly like you hoped. It never does, but somehow, it always ends up working in your favor.