September 1 - September 3, 2010
Happy September! This time last year, I was actually in Boca Raton for a vacation, right before I moved to New York! It's when I first learned to surf, went to Mizner Park, experienced Max's Grille, shopped at my new favorite store, Francesca's, and realized I wanted to eventually end up down here. I never guessed it would have been so soon. And so...interesting...
The last few days have been pretty busy for me. I've been working quite a bit and I cannot, for the life of me, kick this sinus thing I've got goin' on. My head is constantly pounding and I am so dang tired. I think I need to go back to Dr. Whack Job and get stronger meds. Maybe this time, I'll find a new physician. =)
I spent my day today traveling all around South Florida, looking for a particular building. I was in Fort Lauderdale, Pompano, Oakland (which I didn't know existed), etc. It was a nice little joy ride on Friday! I love joy rides. My problem is I have a tendency to space off when I'm driving. Do you guys ever do that? Then all of a sudden, Esther (my GPS) says, "re-calculating." I did that a lot today. I'm tired! It's a semi-legitimate excuse.
You know what I really want to do down here? Go to the zoo. I know it sounds kind of goofy, but I heard the Miami zoo is a lot of fun and I haven't been! AND...there's this place called The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens that looks so beautiful! These are on my top ten things to do by the end of the year.
Yesterday, I got such a beautiful bouquet of red roses! We went out to a really great sushi place, then to Max's Grille for drinks. I love that place. It's such a great place to get dinner, or sit and have drinks. I felt bad, though because Mizner Park was dead. It was crickets when we were walking. It's typically pretty exciting, but not last night. I'm assuming the Boca Socialites left town for the holiday--probably to their house in the Hamptons.
Tonight, I worked at a nightclub, promoting this really sick party we're going to have on Sunday. Do you like how I have now caught on to the word "sick" since moving down here? What have I become?!?! ;) Anyways, I had some technical difficulties so I came home earlier than I thought. Which is fine because I need sleep. So, my Friday night consists of watching The 40-Year Old Virgin. It's absolutely hysterical!
Note to self: "Experience should teach us that it is always the unexpected that does occur." - Eleanor Roosevelt