Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day I Don't Know

August 12, 2010

I have spent the last hour trying to re-arrange these dang numbers that I messed up basically from the beginning of my blogging. I'm over it. I'll finish it later.

Moving on. I have a new nickname at work. Guess what it is. Farrah. I sent a couple of photos today to our creative director for our company's website--in the "Staff" section, it has my picture and a brief bio. So, I submitted the following photos:

 

This is the e-mail that gets sent around the office:

"It totally looks like her!"


Ah geeze! Lol! I guess I can kind of see it, but in real life...heck no! I wish I looked like her on a daily basis!

We went to a Miami Dolphins pep rally tonight in Mizner Park. Such a bummer because the football players weren't there! Who has a pep rally without a team?!? Makes no sense. There weren't really any games, a couple of food vendors and not really any media. Football season is HUGE and it would have been so great if this could have been a major bang! Oh well. I'm still planning on going to some games! =) GO Dolphins!

Then we went to a restaurant in Mizner for Happy Hour! Considering I won't be able to make it back for the Iowa State Fair, which I'm NOT happy about in the least bit, I had a "Boca Lemonade." Let me tell ya', I was pretty impressed. Nothing beats State Fair lemonade, but this fulfilled the need pretty well. It was made with Absolout Pear, pink lemonade and something else I can't remember.

Tomorrow's going to be fun! We're going to Delray for the Tastemaker's event! It's really cool. You buy this "passport" for $25. Then you walk to 24 different restaurants on Atlantic Avenue to so-called "countries" and you get a sample of food and a glass of wine! I've officially dubbed it the, "Atlantic Chow and Chug Crawl!" Food and wine, 24 restaurants, 1 good time! ;)

O'ANNA download those pictures from your trip! ;)

Hey! If you're not following me on Twitter, I suggest you do so! I love it and I have so much fun doing it! My name is "AshToncar." I'm trying to start tweeting more often, but it gets hard because I don't have a Blackberry! I need one! That's my next investment. 

Here's the thing. I love to travel. If I could be a professional traveler, I would do it. My problem is I get too many ideas in my head of places to go and things to do. I neither have the time or money to possibly get everything done. Just within the last two hours, I've decided we need to go to Vegas, Wisconsin to visit one of my best friends, Kansas City, New York City, Minnesota, North Carolina and Wyoming. 

So many places. So little time. 

Note to self: Coffee drinkers have more sex than non-coffee drinkers. 

Thank you iTweetFact for this encouraging statement. However, there's one problem. Why is it that everytime I walk into a Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, Einstein Bagles, etc...I'm the only person under the age of 70? If this statement is true, WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?! =)  

What's in someone else's coffee that I need to put in mine? ;) Please let me know! Viagra? Liquor? I could easily access all of these possibilities. Just a little "oops, I'm sorry" drop of a little somethin'-somethin' to the cutie behind me at Palm Beach Bagel could make for one great day! Okay, just kidding, but thought this was funny.

Good night!