Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 190 - Day 192

March 12 - March 14, 2010

This weekend was all about fun, friends, and packing. Yes. Packing. Whan. Whan. I am actually sick of looking at my things! Who knew?! Friday was going to be dedicated all day to packing and getting everything ready and shipped off. Didn't happen. I got called into work. Damn. While at work, I picked up a gossip magazine. The very last page was dedicated to the nation's best cupcakes! Oh yes! Problem: I've tried every. single. one of them. Haha! Crumbs, Magnolia, Baked by Melissa, and Sprinkles! Eek! That's bad.

Work was terribly slow. I mean, terribly slow. On the way home, I decided to go to The Bread Factory and get some sweet treats. Ya' know, the sweets are not as good as when I first moved here. I thought this was the best place ever when I first arrived. Now, after being around, I realize it's pretty bad. I was a little disappointed.

This weekend was also filled with rain, rain, and way more rain! On Saturday, as of two o'clock in the afternoon, the weather station said that if the rain was snow, we would have three feet! Are you kidding me?! That's just an idea of how bad it rained. And the wind? Good Lord! I was not about ready to walk in this crap, are you nuts?? So, I hail a cab to work and walk it home. The walk home was bad. I was talking on the phone and my dad could even hear the rain beating against my umbrella! Crazy!

Guess what Saturday was? Dance party! Whew hew! But this time, it was 80s themed! Packing and dancing! What a way to spend a Saturday. Thank goodness I had company! Here is a list of my favorite 80s song! Start your Monday right with a little Madonna, Bon Jovi, and Journey! Just to name a few!

My all-time favorite 80s song! MONY MONY!
Come on Eileen
Dancin' with Myself
Love Shack (Brings back a ton of good memories!)
Jessie's Girl
Jack and Diane
We're Not Gonna Take It
Shook Me All Night Long
Livin' on a Prayer (He's from Boca and my second all-time favorite 80s song!)
Footloose (My other second favorite! It's a tie!)
Billie Jean (I love everything Michael Jackson!)
Don't Stop Believing
Need You Tonight
Beat It (My favorite music video from the 80s!)
Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Nasty
I Fought the Law
Push It
Total Eclipse of the Heart
Straight Up
Addicted to Love
Simply Irresistible
Summer of '69
Like A Prayer (On my top ten list!)
Heaven is a Place on Earth (Total top ten!)
Old Time Rock and Roll
Oh Sherrie

So, you know I always slow things down a little bit! These are two songs that not a lot of people know about, but they are great! Check them out!

Fascination
She's Like the Wind (Great remix!)

Sunday, the rain continued. So, I got some more packing done! I'm getting there! My grandma has been sending me an e-card everyday, counting down until I leave. Yikes! They're so fun, but it scares me because of everything I still have left to do! I got a text from my bro this morning telling me how he was watching dolphins swim and play in the ocean, outside his hotel room! So jealous! So, we came to the conclusion, when he comes this summer to visit, we're going to go swimming with them! Speaking of Spring Break, this weekend, we reminisced about our SB experiences. I've had a few!

When I think of Spring Break, one year comes to mind: 2004. Oh man! Did we have fun! I met so many people that week! Only if Facebook was invented then! So, the first day we were there, I met this boy. I'm pretty sure he is the most gorgeous man I've ever met in my life! And he's from Florida! His friends and my friends hung out all week! So much fun! He was my Spring Break boyfriend, if you will! =) We even kept in touch a little after SB, but sadly enough, it didn't work out. Long distance rarely does. But I should have kept his number!

Anyways! His friends and Tyler (is his name), had boats. Fabulous! So, one day, they tied them all together out in the ocean and a ton of people hopped on and had fun. Okay.
Spring Break Rule #1: Don't drink Jungle Juice in the sun, on a boat.
Spring Break Rule #2: Don't try and hop from boat to boat after a couple of glasses of this juice. This = you falling in between the boats, and into the ocean!
I know what you're saying. No you didn't? Yes, I did.

Oh, how I miss that boy! I wish I could show you a picture. Those were the days of disposable cameras, so I would have to have my mom send it to me, I'd have to scan it, blah blah. Just trust me. He's beautiful! How weird would that be if we ran into each other? Like I said, if opportunity knocks... =)

We also met some great people from Boston! One kid, who wore a Burberry button down, glasses, and boat shoes, rapped to us like he was Ludacris! One of the funniest moments in my life! It would be like Bill Gates acting like Jay-Z! Hysterical! And the next day, on the beach, he was wearing floaties! Ahahaha!

So, I decided to catch up my laundry tonight. As I step into the elevator, there is a rather attractive gentlemen. All I kept thinking was, I hope my underwear isn't showing through my mesh laundry bag! It probably was because that's my luck!

Note to self: "Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but by how we react to what happens. Not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst; a spark that creates extraordinary results!"

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. Not one of us is perfect and we are all allowed to slip once in a while. It's how you learn from those slips that matters."

A great quote from Desperate Housewives! "People only hide the true nature of their selves. We only find out this true meaning, after it's too late."

Happy Monday! I hope this starts your week off well! ;)