Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 193

March 15, 2010

Two weeks from today, I will be residing in the sunshine state! Oh yea! I cannot wait! But I have to tell ya'...I'm getting really sad to leave. As you know, I'll cry. I always do! Even when I'm not sad to leave places, I cry. I think my body automatically reacts to the situation. But I will  truly be sad to leave New York City.

My editor's took me out to lunch today. It was great! We went to a restaurant called "Rare." Sounds cool, huh? We had an appetizer of "Sampler Fries!" Holy cow, it was tasty! We had parmesan truffle fries, sweet potato fries, and cottage fries. Mmmm....! I, of course, had the BBQ Brisket sandwich with cole slaw. I'm telling you, I was made to live in the south! I'm going to be so sad to leave BHG. Everyone is so great to work for and I really learned so much from the two wonderful ladies, I had the pleasure of calling my editor's for the last six months! They are both magnificent, talented, and strong women--women who I aspire to be someday!

I start shipping my boxes home. Thank goodness for my dad being employed for FedEx! It's costing me practically nothing to ship everything home! Plus, my brother and his friends are going to drive it down to me, so they're not complaining about having an excuse to come to Florida! Or my grandma is going to drive it down with a friend of hers. Again, just another excuse to see the sand and the ocean! =)

Okay! Now to the story of the evening! I get a call from my best friend, Abby, in Illinois. The back story: Abby dated a guy named, Brian, for about three to four years. Off and on. She hasn't heard from him in a while, then he calls her last night. They're just small talking and he says, "Are you sitting down?" She says, yes. He tells her he is engaged! Why on earth would you call your ex-girlfriend, who was head over heels in love with you, and tell her this?! Idiot.

THEN! He says, "I want you to meet her and approve!" WHAT?!? No way! Are you kidding me?! Hahahaha! My response, "Abby, hell no! You are not going to meet her!" Her response, "Hell no, I'm not going to meet her!" Clue #1: He's an idiot + an ass hole!

His excuse for calling Abby and telling her is because he didn't know who to talk to and he wanted to talk to her. He says, "I let you go and I didn't want to do that to anyone else." Clue #2: You're not over Abby! Why would you even think about calling her? Dummy.

THEN! Abby asks about the ring...obviously! ;) He says he paid $8,000 for a 3-to 4-karat ring. No way! Not possible! When Abby told him this, his response was, "It is in the hood!" WHAT?!?! The girl is wearing ghetto bling on her finger!

THEN! He tells Abby his mom hasn't even met her  and they're "going to see how things go this semester." What do you have to see? You're planning on getting married in JULY! You may want to open your eyes so you can see things clearer and a little quicker, honey! How long have you known him? Six months? Please. If you knew this man, you would know she's making a huge mistake!

THEN! He says to Abby, "Did I make a mistake?" WTF?! Are you serious right now? You didn't make the mistake, Brian. You ARE the mistake! The girl made the mistake by saying yes! Thank God Abby got out of there! We came to the conclusion that hopefully the girl is smarter than Abby is and gets out sooner! Abby and I are not really the brightest when it comes to decision making about men! It just takes us a while longer than most people to figure things out! ;)

THEN! She gets a text message from him after their conversation saying, "I will always love you. No one will ever make me feel the way you did." Or something along those lines. Excuse me? Does your FIANCEE know you're saying this? Probably not. This seems to be a recurring theme with Abby and I.

THEN! I find out, him and his fiancee are going to be my neighbors! They're planning on moving to Miami! Haha! I wonder if he'll look me up! I wouldn't, if I was him!

I find this absolutely hilarious! What would you do if your ex called and told you this?? After the shock of knowing he had the audacity to call me, I'd probably have a smirk on my face. Why get mad? You won! It means that while you're happy with your life, he's going to wish he was happy with you! And be thankful you got out while you did! Because what he did with you and the girl before you, and the girl before you, he is going to do to someone else. You can't teach an old dog, new tricks! Thank God you got out before it was too late! ;) Love you, girl!

Note to self: Get some rest because tomorrow starts your early morning workouts! Eek! This is going to suck, but it will be good for you! Knowing you have to have a rockin' beach body in two weeks, puts a bit of pressure on a woman! I've made a new album on Picassa, on my Google Profile page! Check it out! They're pictures from my trip to Boca in September! You can get a sneak peak as to where I'll be living! What's so funny, is on my Facebook page, under one of the pictures, I wrote, "In Boca Raton. My future residence someday!" Who knew?? I did! When I want something, I make sure to make it happen!