March 8, 2010
Exactly three weeks from today, I will be moving! I was talking to my friend tonight and she said, "Ashley, it seems like when something happens in your life, it happens so fast." She makes a good point. I used to be one of those people who over-analyzed everything. Sometimes, I still do. But over the last year or so, I've learned that, by over-analyzing, you can talk yourself out of things. So...I decided...I'm not going to do that anymore. And I haven't. I have literally jumped in with both feet first at everything I've done since about last July. It's been great! Probably not smart, but life has been way more exciting! ;)
And this is completely unlike me. However, in all of this craziness and randomness, I'm still insanely organized! How do I do it? I have no idea! Organization is probably my best quality! Ask anyone...they'll tell you! So, I guess it works.
You know how you have that feeling that you can not wait to jump into your soft and fluffy bed, while your head hits the pillow? Today is this day for me! I tell ya' what...a mattress pad is a must for your bed! I bought one before I moved here and it makes my bed feel like I'm sleeping on air! I recommend you buy one!
So, lately, I've been looking at places to live in Boca. I'm going to do an extended stay hotel for about a month or so, so I can have time to look around and find a place I really love! Can I just tell you that it makes me sick to my stomach to know how much more I can get down there for about half the price of what I'm paying here?? I can't even tell you! I'm leaning towards either a townhouse or an actual house! You should see the deals! It's fantastic! But again, with me...who the hell knows! I'll probably end up pitching a tent on the ocean for a few months in the summer. ;)
The next three weeks are going to be nuts! I have birthday parties, going away parties, friends coming in town, etc., etc., etc.! When am I going to pack? I'm sitting, looking at my closets and all of my things thinking...I don't want to pack. At all! I hate moving! I hate it as much as I love it! So, I'm pretty sure once I get to Florida...I'm parkin' it! ;)
We have a problem. Remember how my heat is building controlled? Well, folks. It's happening again. They turned off our heat because it's now in the 50s. I am FREEZING! Here I go again, having to dress like I'm in Alaska to go to sleep. I need to write a letter telling them this is not okay. Maybe some people's bodies are naturally chilled, 24/7. Hint, hint...me. Let's be considerate here, people!
Note to self: Take notes when watching Good Eats on how to make doughnuts! Doughnuts are so good! And think about it! Once you have the base recipe, you can make all different kinds! Blueberry, raspberry, peanut butter, chocolate chip. Holy cow, I really need to start making these things! I'm tellin' ya' what! I will be the Semi-Homemade Sandra Lee mom and wife! As long as I have a hip and trendy apron, I'll be set! ;) Check these out!