Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 181

March 3, 2010

Still sick. I'm getting worse, which is not good news! I took some cold medicine last night and was out by 9:30! It was great! I have a busy weekend/three weeks ahead of me. I can't afford to be sick for one more day!

So, I left work early yesterday for an appointment I had. That was about the extent to my day. Exciting, huh?! ;) I did have to walk to the bank to deposit some cash into my checking account. Okay, so I get there and tell the lady I need to deposit some cash. It was quite a bit of cash, and it was all ones! So, I'm classy and pull it out of a plastic baggy and hand her this huge wad! Then, I realize I forgot to take off my blue, glitter nail polish. My thought: She thinks I'm a stripper. Great. Plastic bag full of money? She probably thinks it's from my pimp. I've never felt like a hooker before. I wanted to die! I was pretty embarrassed, but slightly amused! Hehe!

I realized that I only have three and a half weeks until I move! I have so much to do before then! So, I started my planning by Googling the "Best of Boca Raton" and "Boca Raton Summer Festivals." Come to find out, I'm missing the Wine Festival by two weeks! Bummer! Oh well! There's always next year! Then, my friend, Shelby called me tonight. She lives up in Minnesota and works for a public relations company up there! She got to go to the set of a movie and watch them film a few scenes! How cool is that?? I'm way jealous! She's already looked up how much it's going to cost for her to come and visit! Haha! We've already planned that we are going to live at the beach and eat LOTS of seafood on outside patios! Fabulous!

Boca is really close to a lot of great places, too! Twenty minutes to Ft. Lauderdale; 30 to Miami; 4-1/2 hours to Key West; 3 hours to Orlando! And I'm only ten minutes away from the Florida Marlins and St. Louis Cardinals training camps! Oh boy! Baseball boys are my all-time favorite! Nuts! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself! But I can't wait to find out!

Note to self: Don't wash this! It's not a bath towel! ;) I kind of want one of these! I don't know what it's called, but I would call him Winston. Yes...as in...Harry Winston! ;)