Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 180

March 2, 2010

Today starts off in a bit of a crisis. But we fix it! Work is fabulous today! We clean out the beauty closet! I tell ya' what...I'm going to look young forever! A sad thing did happen at work today. I found out that the front office woman, who I adored, passed away. My heart sank when I saw her picture today that said, "In Memory of Marie." May she rest in peace. She was such a sweet lady!

I had a fantastic evening! We went to Rice to Riches. For those of you who have seen the movie, "Hitch," it's where Eva Mendes and her friend go! It's a rice pudding place! One word: Delish! It's a very modern restaurant that's nestled in between hole-in-the-wall bars and local restaurants. You can't miss it, with the bright lights shining on the dim sidewalks. It's sparsity works well with the simplicity, yet delectable concept of ordering. You chose a flavor of rice pudding, then add from a choice of toppings. I had the cheesecake rice pudding with strawberries. Yum! Kara had french toast, which was amazing! And Jennifer had cappuccino! Ooohhh...oh so good!

We went to see the movie, "The Young Victoria." Oh my goodness, it was fantastic! The costumes were great; the story line was concise, but well written; and the acting was terrific! I recommend it, especially if you are a period-movie person. I love period movies, so it's perfect! My favorite line of the whole movie, Prince Albert says to Queen Victoria, "You are the reason for my existence." Ahh...so perfect! All I ask is that I be the reason for someone's existence. For someone to adore me!

I'm still sick. Ugh. I was talking to my grandma about this. It's hard to get better in this city because you still have to walk everywhere, in the cold. So, unless you have a couple of days off to get better, it takes a little longer to do so. I do have to get to bed, but I feel the need to tell you something.

I have a confession to make. Everyone always tells my family or me who reads my blogs. So, I know pretty much about 90 percent of the people who read them. I love it! Because of your fabulous support, you have given me the encouragement to trek through even my hardest moments. About a month and a half ago, I became curious as to exactly how many people read my blogs a day. So, I signed up to track just this. Cool, huh?? I think so! I get quite a few hits a day! It's exciting and challenging to know who's reading my blogs, based on the city and state, this website helps me track.

Follow me down to Boca, because as much as you enjoy reading my blogs, I enjoy writing for you! I promise you the craziness, ups and downs, and exciting adventures will continue! This time, I will be surrounded by beaches, ocean, palm trees, and beautiful, tan, muscular men! Oh la la! You can only imagine the trouble I'm about to get into! ;)

Note to self: Never paint your fingernails blue. Sure, the color looks fabulous in the bottle, and would probably be cute on your toes. But as much as you love the 80s, try to refrain from bringing back certain parts of it. The music: always amazing! The clothes: shoot...you can't beat it! The hair: please. I'm the queen of the side pony! But the color blue. Don't use it on your eyes, lips, especially nails! You're 25 years old, and you are the person on the train people may or may not be looking at. Just like how you look at the 65-year-old woman, wearing spandex, red lipstick, and WAY too much Aquanet. Don't be the old hooker that everyone says needs to act her age! ;)