Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 99

December 13, 2009

Today's weather compliments my mood quite nicely. Gloomy, dreary, and exhausted. I do sleep in, but once again, I have things to do, so no relaxation for me. Great. I go to the Upper East Side to meet a friend of mine from high school and one of his buddies. It was so great to see him! A familiar face in such a big city was nice! We go to a bar where it's all about the New England Patriots! Everyone in there were Boston fans. It's pretty cool. Brett would have loved it! The great thing about the bar...they don't serve food, so you order in whatever you want from restaurants around the area! Awesome, huh? I think it's pretty funny!

After the game's over, I take off to go shopping. I'm not going to get into this experience because I'm not really happy. This put me in the worst mood I can't explain to you. So, we're going to skip this part. Let's just say, I'm so extremely mad at myself, I have tears coming down my face, and all I want to do is scream. But whatever, I don't want to talk about it.

I'm on the subway, heading to meet the guys and there is lady talking to herself. I instantly thought of those movies where people are talking to themselves, so I think, I wonder if she sees anyone standing next to her. Maybe she does. I wonder what they look like. She's a little scary looking, so maybe she's just nuts! Who knows in this city? Then on the way there, plus on the way home, two different people get on the subway and tell their sob stories of how they need money. Really? You too? Funny, because I'm just as broke! Who knew I have something in common with a homeless man. Maybe we can be roommates in Central Park! I don't need a lot of room. ;) I feel awful because I want to give them money for food. But if I do that, I don't have money for food. This makes me feel even more like crap. I need to learn to not pay attention, but I can't help it.

On the way home, I get in an umbrella fight with some stupid woman who feels the need to do a circle around herself in the middle of the sidewalk. She obviously doesn't know where she's going, so I kind of slow down a bit to walk around her. It's one of those times where no matter where you walk, the other person is right there. But this time, it's pouring down rain, my feet are soaking wet, my jeans are soaking wet, my hair looks like a wet mop, and I'm cold. So, needless to say, I'm not that nice. She keeps walking, then stopping, then twirling around herself. I say, "Lady, what are you doing?! Get out of my way!" This is my first official, New York attitude moment, I was talking about in an earlier post. Yikes! She deserves it! When it's raining outside and people are walking fast to get out of the rain, don't be a moron and stand in the middle of the street, doing some kind of dance. Unless it's a rain dance to make the rain go away, get out of my way!

Note to self: Don't write a blog when you are in a bad mood. No one wants to read about your terrible day. No one wants to read negative comments about your attitude and about how you think your life sucks right now. Leave out the parts where you will just sound like a complete, ungrateful brat. Just go to bed early, get over yourself once again, and start over fresh tomorrow.