Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 96

December 10, 2009

Holy cold! What happened to fifty degrees from yesterday? I don't want the cold weather! I can't move my hands since I got home from work. And the one day I decide to NOT wear my Under Armour Cold Gear, it decides to turn into the frozen tundra! My heater hasn't stopped running either since I'm home! It must know how cold I get.

It's nice to relax; however, I am exhausted, so I want to go to bed ASAP! I'm sorry, but the rest of Brett's blogs are going to have to wait until tomorrow. I'm too tired to correct the punctuation and spelling errors tonight. I have a long, but exciting day ahead of me tomorrow! I cannot wait for Saturday! I get to sleep in before work.

I have decided that when winter really hits, I'm hibernating! I will only go to and from work. I really wanted to take a cab home tonight, too. But then my cheap side told me to buck up and save the seven bucks and just walk! If I only had the guts to spend money! I had buyer's remorse before I even left work.

So, remember me talking about how it's always good to laugh at yourself? Tonight at work, I do just that. I tell people, "Please watch your step." What do I do? Trip on the stairs. Then run into the wall. Yup...then when I try to make a joke about it, the guests sense of humor seems to have been checked with their coat at the door. No one is playful here! Why is it necessary to be serious all the time? Then, I'm freezing, because cold air is blowing through our vents. Nice. A rather handsome young man says to me, "Would you like to wear my coat?" I reply, "Of course I would!" thinking he's flirting with me. Not really remembering that I sat him...with another girl! Good thing his girlfriend had a good sense of humor. She laughs with us--probably thinking...ha! I got him, sister. You only wish you could be with him. True, ma'am. That's very true.

Update: mom's going to be okay! She broke her arm, but may not need surgery! She finds out in ten days, so let's hope that's not the case! I talk to her tonight and she says she doesn't like taking Vicatin because she isn't in control! Who cares?? They make you feel great! I've only taken them when I had my wisdom teeth out, but let me tell you...I've never felt so great in my life! Heck--take control! All you're going to be doing the next few days is watching TV by yourself. Make it more interesting!

Note to self: When in doubt, tell stupid jokes. When you're working, and you're tired, and your co-worker is having a bad day...be goofy! It's the cure to all things negative! Especially when you're tired, everything seems to be way funnier than it really probably is. Even if there is someone who is always a negative nelly, don't let it bother you! Goofiness is a great way to relieve stress and have a great time with a good friend!

Also, gloating is okay sometimes. Gloat in the fact that your intuition is probably always right and have confidence in what you really feel. When you realize that someone is still hanging on, regardless of if the person is a complete prick, take the upper hand and keep the ball in your court. If they want to play a game, play it. Just make sure you win--but ladies, you know we will! When you have control, keep it. Let the situation roll off your shoulders and don't really make it on the forefront of your mind. But in the back of your mind, you know they still care. And even though you may not want that person, it's always gratifying to know, they still want you.

*I apologize my blog is kind of lame today. I'm so tired, I can't really think straight. Plus, I'm so cold, I have brain freeze! Thanks for reading! Talk to you tomorrow!*