Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Brett Visit: Day 3


Happy Birthday Ashley! We get kind of a late start this morning. Were both feeling the aftermath of birthday parties.  I was going to make some coffee but Ashley has no coffee filters, awesome. So we head to get our rent a car, but we some how wound up at the hot wheels store. So we head out for Foxboro. And our trusty GPS decides it’s too early to work. So we have to call mom and she gives us directions. Ashley is the worst driver in America. And having her talk on the phone and drive at the same time, I thought if I jumped off a bridge I would have a better chance of living. She bump drafts off of the car in front of her, and drives about a quarter inch from guard rails, and is in a nutshell, reckless. She went to the driving school of Danica Patrick.

We finally get on the right path. The drive isn’t too bad. When we arrive to Foxboro there is a line to get off of the highway. And it is four hours before game time. Foxboro is a small old fashioned town, I kinda liked it. We pass up on parking and go to a local sub shop, get a case of beer and were official fans. It was fun even though it was only the two of us. We did have to pay 40 bucks for parking. That was a little outrageous. We head into the game and the stadium is huge. Our seats were high and we got all of the wind. I wouldn’t have had it any other way. It was cold and windy, just like a football game should be. I loved it. I couldn’t believe I was watching the Patriots play. Tom Brady had a great game. It was sweet to watch their unique offense in person. Brady drops back and throws short passes to Wes Welker and then hit Randy Moss in the end zone. The defense had four interceptions and one pick six. The best part of the game was when there was 36 seconds left, the Patriots had the ball up by ten. I look at Ashley and said, “Well this is the last play, they will take a knee and its over.” I was wrong. They line up in shotgun and throw it deep. Haha, I thought that was hilarious. It was cool to see the difference between the east coast and the Midwest.

The Midwest sporting events are usually calm and don’t get to crazy. 80% of the people there were decked out in Pats gear and were all die hard fans. They live and breathe for the Patriots. Everyone was there at least 5 hours before kickoff. The beer is even different there. In Iowa you will find Bud, Miller, and Coors, and on occasion a Sam Adams. They did have those there but they also had like 6 Sam Adams and Guinness everywhere. And the lines were longer then the food stands. We yelled and cheered the whole game it was great. And we got to watch these two jets fans get kicked out because the fans were yelling at them so bad. When they were escorted out, the three sections around them boo’d the loudest boo I've ever heard, it was hilarious. I thought that was awesome. We stayed until the clock read 0:00 like the real fans.

Leaving was time consuming we were in park for an hour. And it took even longer to get out. I love road trips because you have some of the best conversations. And sometimes the ride is one of the more fun parts. When we got back to Manhattan, we got off in a bad neighborhood. And I mean the Ghetto. I was a little scared I can’t lie. I know it was Ashley’s Birthday and I felt bad that we had to spend her day at a football game that I wanted to go to. But overall I had an amazing time at the game and I will never forget it.