Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Brett Visit: Day 2


Ashley likes to get up before God does, so we head out early. We get some breakfast which was delicious. Ashley had banana pancakes and were the best I've tasted. I had a Mexican omelet and it was just ok.

We head off to the museum, which is a mile away. And everything to Ashley is “Just a few blocks.” But in reality it’s like a mile. And she walks like she’s being chased and my pace is normal and nonchalant, so I had to make an adjustment.  We walk by a flea market and see some cool things. Ashley is suckered into buying a fake Louis Vuitton bag. Ha she asks, “Is it fake?” Yeah Ashley they are going to say “Yep its fake but it looks real huh?” haha so she was lucky enough to return it. Then we walk to the museum. It was absolutely humongous. With a tour guide, it would be a three day event and I'm not over exaggerating. They have everything in there, it was so cool and so interesting. I love museums and I thought this place was amazing. They have everything from sea animals to the evolution of the human race. A must do if you visit New York.

After all the walking I felt we deserved some dessert. We went to Juniors for cheesecake. It was your average cheesecake, nothing special. After we ate, we headed to the Penguin store. My favorite brand of clothes. Lucky for me, everything in the store was 30% off. Having Ashley and the 30% off saved me from spending all of my money there. I walked in and was overwhelmed with all of the clothes. They had tons of button downs, sweaters, GQ honored suits, jeans, everything! I spent well over an hour in there trying on everything and doing multiple laps to make sure I didn’t miss anything. And then it was check out time. I made it rain in the Penguin store.

Then we go to Capital Grille for Ashley’s birthday dinner. It was fantastic. I had a steak in a butter sauce. And they cooked it medium rare like it’s supposed to be.  Where the middle is bright red and looks like it is still raw, it’s tough to find a place that does that. We also had lobster mac and cheese. It was so good. It combined my favorite seafood and my favorite food of all time. Tasty! But before we got our meal, Dan Marino was at the bar so I had to go walk by him. That was cool! I've been a big fan for a long time and it was so cool to see him up close. It was one of the best restaurants I've ever been too.

Now we head out for the birthday bash! Time to get Ashley Sh***y in the City. We head out to this one bar and were the only ones under 55, not kidding. We have a drink and head to the next bar. We hung out there for a while. I bought Ashley a couple birthday shots. The first was an orange or a grape bomb I can’t remember, but the second one was unforgettable. It was a skittles bomb. It tasted like a handful of skittles. We left that bar and went to the last one of the night, Rudy’s. This place was about as vintage as they come. The seats were red duct tape. And after a certain time you get free hot dogs. A friend of Ashley’s, who looks like a Disney character prince, got me a hot dog. It was delicious, he got ketchup instead of mustard but still appetizing. I had an amazing time that night, and I hope Ashley had a fun birthday.