Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 66

November 11, 2009

Well...as my birthday creeps closer, the less excited I get. I don't want to be 25!!! This means I'm almost 30!!! No. Thank. You. But I still have a week and a half to enjoy being 24. I feel like turning 25 means you are officially an adult and play times over. I'm not ready to grow up! I definitely don't have Michael Jackson Syndrome, but I don't want to give up my youth. So, guess what? I'm not going to.

And what's even better. In NYC, everybody over the age of 25 feels the exact same way I do! It's great! It's like an adult's playground here! A playground where irresponsibility can be blamed on a bad day at work, a heavy consumption of alcohol, or a tragic day where you and your credit card are best friends, but slowly turn into frenemies by the end of the day. Whatever the reason, no one questions it. They just go along with it! Heck, if this is the case, I'm never leaving! A place where excuses are made and your irresponsibilites are justified? Okay!

I get to sleep in today which is nice. Don't you hate it when you have dreams that keep you awake all night long? As much as you try and concentrate on them going away, it keeps you awake that much more! Especially the dreams that seem so real, you wake up and have to really think about it--considering whether or not it really did happen. So, although I get to sleep in, I didn't really get any sleep.

Work is good today. However, when I go to sit someone in a booth, don't ask if you can switch to a table. If I want to sit you at a table, I would. I swear if someone asks me one more time to switch to the opposite seating arrangement, I'm going to scream! Who cares? It's a freakin' table--the food is delicious, you get service with a smile, and you are treated like you're the King of France. Quit complaining! People don't really understand hostesses sit you based on a system. When you change your mind, you mess up our system. Not cool! So, to all of you inconsiderate restaurant-goers...if you want a table or booth, please specify. It's much easier to accommodate you before I take you to a table you decide you don't want.

So, I'm on Facebook tonight and a friend of mine posts a song title. Listen to the song here. It's so sad, but it's so good at the same time! Speaking of friends on Facebook. I think it's so funny when people request to be your friend, when you know they didn't like you in high school. Why do you want to be my friend now? The last time I saw you was probably four years ago. And I was your waitress, where you left me NO tip. Yeah, that's right. I remember things like that! You don't need to know anything about me. All you are is nosey. I don't care about you, so let's not pretend you actually care about what's going on in my life. When I hit, "Reject Friend Request," or whatever it says, don't take that as a hint to ask me again. Just smile and call me what you assume I am, and leave it at that! See you at our ten year reunion! ;) Okay, I know what my mother is thinking right now...honey, they don't have to assume... Thanks mom! I know! ;)

So, I'm watching Nightline and one headline talks about a "Mangagement ring!" I think it's a good idea! Why do the ladies have to wear something on their finger that says they are off the market, but men don't? Not fair! If I'm being taken off the market, not only should my ring be a three karat diamond, Harry Winston, square cut, with smaller diamonds surrounding it (not to get specific), but my man should also have a token of love to show everyone the women of his dreams has him snagged up! ;) Okay, I guess if I get the Harry Winston, he doesn't have to get a mangagement ring. But I just think it's funny this is a hot topic on Nightline!

Note to self: Is it normal that I am almost 25 years old, and men continue to play dating games? If it's normal, I want to be weird! Games are so funny. I know it's assumed to be a part of dating, but come on now. Everyone knows just as well as I do, that it's dumb and just unnecessary! So pointless! I'll admit...I am one of those who likes a challenge, and that's probably immaturity on my part, but maybe, just maybe...if a man would not play games, it would be more attractive to me. If you like someone. You like them. Don't make it a guessing game. Don't call me and leave a message sounding all happy. Then when I can't call you back for three hours, and you text me telling me you're in class, then not call me back. I don't know about you, but I don't know a school that goes until midnight. I'm already over you. Now that I'm typing this, I realize how ridiculous I sound, but I don't care. It's about time I find someone who is actually interested in me and wants to talk to me. I'm done playing games! I did that once before and it turned out Shitty McDitty! I'm a sore loser, so I don't want to lose anymore! I quit! ;) JK!