Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 65

November 10, 2009

So, today would have been my cousin's 28th birthday! Happy Birthday Kasie! R.I.P. I tell ya' what, 14 years goes by fast and a lot happens! I think about her a lot, but especially on days like today, I often wonder what life would be like if she were still here. It sure makes you appreciate your health and all of the little things in life we so often complain about, but should be appreciative for.

I'm watching Dancing With The Stars right now, and I really want to be on this show! What do I have to do to become a somewhat popular television reality star, so I can make it onto the show?! I'd go on The Bachelor and lose! Whatever got me to dance with Mark...sign me up! He can teach me the Rumba or Samba or whatever any day! I have a pretty darn good shimmey, so we could have a good time together! And Michael Buble is performing! I saw him on Martha Stewart and he sang to a woman's baby in her belly! It was so cute! I love him! His song, "I Just Haven't Met You Yet..." I know he's talking about me! But like he says, he just doesn't know it yet! ;) Watch the video here!

The last two days, I have spent at a desk, with my ear glued to a phone. Which is okay, because as we all know, I love to talk! And I'm learning about all of the different beauty companies. And most importantly, how to pronounce them, like I have said. I feel like Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada. You wouldn't think I would be this way because of my fashion degree. But, unfortunately, I don't know all. I call a company who represents a brand called, Puig. Now, how would you pronounce it? I know you're trying out the possibilities in your head right now.

Instead of sounding like a retard, I spell it out for her. It's pronounced "pooje." Who in the heck would have thought?!?! Good think I didn't try, because I would have said, "Pweeg." Ha!! Another company I ask about is Tocca. I pronounce it as such..."tawka." It's actually pronounced, "toe kah." Remember in the movie, when she says, "Can you please spell Gabanna?" Then they hang up on her? Yeah, that's what I feel like all day today! Like an embarrassment to the magazine and the size of a mouse.

While I'm waiting for a doctor's office with a staff of, oh I don't know, six people, to find out who the PR person is, I patiently, yet not so patiently, wait while listening to their recording. Wow, that's a lot of commas in one sentence! I have now found a place that specializes in botox! Yes! I've always wanted this! It not only helps with wrinkles, but with sweating, and headaches! Who cares if it's cow fat, or whatever being injected into your body! You are going to look good, feel good, and smell like a peach! Stick it to me!

Guess what else I find out today? They have a place actually called The Smell Institute. Maybe I'm the only one who does not know this, but I find this interesting. What do you do for a living? Response, I'm a smeller. Oooh, can I have your number, please?! I wonder what the proper title for someone like that would be?

On the walk home, I get stuck behind a man pushing another man in a wheelchair. My first thought, Why is this man pushing a homeless man around in circles on the sidewalk? It is quite strange, but then when I continue to walk and the pusher keeps pushing the wheelchair in front of me and stopping, I get confused. I say outloud, yet quietly, What is he doing? Wherever I go, there is the one-eyed homeless man, going on a joyride, in circles nonetheless, cutting me off. It's not funny sir! The man only has one eye. I get dizzy when that happens with my two eyes! You're going to make the man sick! And you're eventually going to run over my toe. That's just mean.

 Note to self: Appreciate your friendships from back home. I get an e-mail today from a good friend about Iowa friends vs. other friends. After being out here and reading it, I come to the realization how true it really is. Here are a few of the comparisons:

FRIENDS: Know a few things about you
IOWA FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you

FRIENDS: Would knock on your door
IOWA FRIENDS: Walk right in and say, "I'm home!"

FRIENDS: Will visit you in jail
IOWA FRIENDS: Will spend the night with you in jail

FRIENDS: Will visit you in the hospital when you're sick
IOWA FRIENDS: Will cut your grass and clean your house, then come spend the night with you in the hospital and cook for you when you get home.

FRIENDS: Are for a while
IOWA FRIENDS: Are for life

I'm sure this is true for anywhere in the country, but it's nice to read, and you know it's so true! So, to all of my friends in Iowa...I love you! I miss you! And I think about home all the time! When a random smile comes across my face, or I chuckle quietly, while walking down the street, it's because I thought of something funny or a great time I had with a great friend or family member from back home! You're the best!