September 18, 2009
So, today proved to be a day from hell. I wake up, thinking it's Saturday, and completely space off going to my internship. However, since my boss in mega-cool, she lets me work from home today. And I was workin' it--five stories in two hours...done. I go into Planet Hollywood for my shift, only to find out I forgot to go to the training session they set up for me. Shit. Where is my head?
Planet Hollywood is a great success. I met my goal in sales and met O'Anna--we have a lot we want to see and do in the city, so we're making a checklist. Poor O'Anna--she went to a bar to save us some seats, only to have to walk all the way back to P.H. because she locked my things in her locker. I'm not going out wearing a black skirt and panty hose. Yeah, I said it...panty hose. I know the eighties are coming back, but really? Panty hose? It comes with the job.
So, I finally get changed and we head to a bar called "The Snug." It's in Hell's Kitchen, close to my place. So much fun! It's a small bar, with a chill atmosphere--not to mention killer Appletini's. It's Happy from 11p.m. to 1 a.m. I love this place! What a great Happy Hour time! Martinis for four bucks--now I don't feel so guilty when guys buy the drinks! ;) We sit next to a couple of handsome gentlemen--names will be left disclosed. Two words: Greek and Italian. You can only imagine. ;) We become friends with them rather quickly and they make plans to take us dancing in the near future. Dance club? Sign me up!
It's 3:15 a.m. and we call it a night. As I'm walking home, I call grandma. An Irish man and his buddy are standing outside a bar, just wasted. He asks, "Excuse me, are you good looking?" Was he expecting me to say, No, I'm ugly as sin. But thanks for asking. Men are just dumb. So, I say, "Of course, you can't see this?" =) He responds, "Oh yes, yes I do." I say, "Well okay then, have a good night." His persistence of walking with me and stepping in front of me so I can't keep going is getting on my nerves. So, I simply say, "Okay, you know what? I'm not good looking anymore and you are getting on my nerves. Get out of my way and go get more drunk."
Men don't like to hear no, but arrogant persistence is not a turn on to me in the least bit. Then in my ear I hear, "Ashley, you can't talk to people like that there. They will kill you. You just can't say things like that." Whan! Whan, grandma. ;) I have my mase...thanks to Tim. No one will mess with me if I spray that in their face. Plus, the killer ninja moves Tim taught me in his living room will definately scare away any predator. Okay, probably not "scare" per say. They will probably leave me alone because I look like a mentally-instituted, crazy person trying to karate chop a leg or the throat.
Note to self: When people ask you if you like to "party" in NYC, just say no. When your friends looks at you to answer the man, who by the way, just bought both of you a drink, don't take that as cue for let's go. Because you will soon find out his definition of "party" means drugs and sex. So, when you don't know this, and tell him yes, you do like to party, you look like a cracked-out hooker. Sweet.