June 15, 2010
Today was a great day in Boca Raton. Work was work...nothing new. A potential for something great, but I'm not really getting my hopes up too much.
After work, a co-worker and I went to Baja mexican restaurant for a margarita. It's really funny because when you order a pitcher, they serve it to you in a gas can! Hehe! We didn't get this, but I've had it once before. It's fun! We're sitting there and an older gentlemen starts talking to us. Why?
A commercial comes on about football and Iowa State pops up on the screen. "I was on the dance team at Iowa State," I say. A gentlemen next to us interrupts and starts talking football. Okay, I'm game! He's from Ohio, so we instantly have a midwestern connection. Mind you, he's about 50+ years old and married, but the first person in Boca who I've actually had a normal conversation with. It was great!
We talked Iowa, he pinpointed I was German in the first two minutes I met him, and he told me all about his wife and dogs. Such a nice guy! And genuine--insanely hard to find these day. He said he use to dream of marrying a midwestern girl, and he got one. I told him that I want to marry a midwestern guy--you just can't beat their charm and respect for relationships.
Anyways, I don't feel like blogging tonight. So, I'm ending my night here!
Note to self: I don't really know. Don't deal with people's stupid crap. That's all I got today.