I may not know a lot, but I do one thing: there's always that one thing in life that is simply unattainable. Why do you think that is? You are 100 percent sure of something, but it never really comes to be. This is something that will always and forever boggle my mind. Hmm...if only I lived in Iowa, then maybe...just maybe...
Today was another day. Work. I did go to the ocean. It's so beautiful there. Have you ever really paid attention to how great it feels to have sand between your toes? To just pay attention to how beautiful nature really is? It's amazing. Not to mention the wonderful accessories swimming/running on the beach. That's right ladies, men in tight swim trunks with rock hard abs and tan skin. Mmmm...delicious! ;)
Greg called me tonight. (Speaking of delicious, right? Hehe! Just kidding) Every time we talk, the subject of relationships and marriage gets brought up. Not between us, but life in general. He moved from Utah back to Iowa to find true love; I figured I would find the love of my life in Florida (granted I've only been here two months). I established that he's going to meet his love on a plane to Barbados or something crazy. Me: I'll probably meet mine at a funeral or something weird like that. We are both seeking true love, but am having the damnedest time finding it. Greg said, "Ashley, in 40 years, we'll probably still be having this same conversation." If I'm still having this same convo at age 55, I don't know what I'm going to do. ;) Become a nun is the only option I can think of.
So, I'm lame and watch the "Secret Life of the American Teenager" tonight. I got hooked on this show a couple of summers ago--it's so cute! Then I watched "Pretty Little Liars." Okay, this show is a bit creepy. Now I'm nervous to go to sleep. It's sort of about ghosts. My least favorite thing in life. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person I know who hates the actual meaning of Halloween--scary! I just like the getting dressed up part. I hate scary movies. I hate haunted houses. I hate all that stuff. Because I make up stories in my head in which I start to think this crap is real. Not okay.
I didn't get much sleep last night either. Brett's phone died and he was driving back to St. Louis. The most random stuff happens to him, so I was up all night like a mother, worrying about his well-being. In the mean time, I freaked out that there would be bugs in my room again and I had those dreams that you wake up and you think to yourself, Really? Come on now. Is it really necessary I think about this right now? Ridiculous.
Note to self:
A real man is a woman's best friend. He will
never stand her up and never let her down.
He will reassure her when she feels insecure
and comfort her after a bad day.
He will inspire her to do things she never
thought she could do; to live without fear
and forget regret. He will enable her to
express her deepest emotions and give in to
her most intimate desires.
He will make sure she always feels as though
she's the most beautiful woman in the room
and will enable her to be confident, sexy,
seductive and invincible.
No Wait! I'm thinking of wine!
Never mind! ;)
Gotta love e-mails from Roxy! ;)