June 10, 2010
I thought it was Friday all day today. I wish it was Friday! TGIF tomorrow! I did promotional work today in Delray Beach. It was about 90 degrees and I was out walking for three hours. Ouch, it was hot! I get back to the office and a co-worker says, "Wow Ash, you look really tan." Yeah, I'm in the sun for 30 minutes and I look like an African decedent. I guess some would consider this gene fortunate. I do!
After work, my friend and I go for Happy Hour and a quick bite. We go to a bar in the Marriott hotel called "Absinthe." Yes, like the alcohol. As we're leaving, my friend asks if they actually sell absinthe. Coincidently, they do. I've never tried it, so what the heck? You always hear things about fairies, dragons, leprechauns, I don't know. So, she gave me a shot of it. Oh man...my tongue instantly went numb! And it wasn't even the purest of absinthe like they sell overseas. But my bro said it was the strongest it could be according to the FDA, or something like that.
It literally made me feel like I had taken 17 pills of Adderall. Not that I know what that feels like, but you know what I mean. No fairies, no dragons or wizards. I'm sure I didn't take enough for this "rumor" to have gone into effect.
My friend said she had the purest form when she went to Europe on a cruise. I told her and the bartender that if I had two or three shots of real absinthe, I would be the one who thought it was a good idea to canon ball off the cruise ship into the ocean.
You realize I've only been in Florida for two and a half months? Doesn't it feel like a decade? Okay, more like six months? Oh my gosh! I just saw a commercial for the coolest water park ever! It's Rapids Water Park in Riviera Beach! Check out their website! Doesn't it look fantastic?!
I think Thursday nights are my new favorite nights of television on NBC!
Community
100 Questions
The Office
30 Rock
Two hours of non-stop hilarity!
Vote for my cousin's baby, Caleb in the cutest baby contest!!! Click here! Here are some additional pictures I have in which I think he's well-worth first place!
Okay, so please vote!
Note to self: "Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." -J. Wooden

