June 7, 2010
You know when you just get back on your feet and life kicks you so hard, you feel like getting jabbed in the gut would be a better option? Today was this day for me. On top of all the stress from work, my car decides she wants to cost me my life savings. Yes, the car that's worth about $2 wants me to spend an outrageous amount of money on it.
I don't want to talk about it, but all I ask is I get one week where life is stress-free and I have NO worries in the world. I really don't know how I'm going to handle kids. But I have somewhat of a solution: A nanny and a psychiatrist! ;) Just kidding!
My day was pretty fun though! Another co-worker and I went to a day party for restaurant business people! We went to this bar in Ft. Lauderdale where they had a pool, a hot tub, free drinks, music, food, dancing, on and on and on...we got a free t-shirt! It was seriously like Spring Break all over again. Only this time, we were sober! ;) Kidding again...
But in all honesty, it was so much fun! Everyone was in swimsuits, they had all kinds of contests, and the weather although scorching topped it all off! I had a blast! One of the funniest moments: A man who could barely speak English and barely stand up came up to me and my co-worker saying, "Hey shladies, what'sh up?"
Me: "Nothing."
Him: "What'sh you guys doin' here." As he almost tips over into the pool.
Me: "Advertising for the hottest bartender competition."
Him: "Hey! I'm a bartender! I'm a bartender! Do you want my number?"
Me: "No, that's okay. You're not really a bartender."
Him: "Come on. Why don't you like me?"
Me: "Because you keep spitting on me!" Hahahahaha! It was really funny! You had to be there!
Then I see him later and he says, "Heeeeyyyyyy I know you. What'sh yur name?"
Me: "Brittany."
Him: "Brittany, yur beautiful."
Me: "Thanks."
Him: "Can I have your number now?"
Me: "No, sorry, but you keep spitting on my arm. I don't think it's going to work out."
Hahaha! As he wipes his mouth and walks away. Classic!
So, I'm told I need to stop working at night when I get home. But my mind wanders just sitting around. This is why I'm terrible at watching movies. Not all the time, but a lot of the times I can't sit still and watch a movie. It would be a challenge for me to get through a whole movie without talking.
I decide to try and do nothing when I get home. Clearly, didn't work. So, I thought to myself...I wonder how many towns in the United States are named Ashley. Don't laugh! It's such a crazy thought, but interesting. Here is some of the stuff I found:
Ashley, Indiana- Check out their website here!
Ashley, North Dakota- Now I have a reason to visit ND! Website here!
Ashley, Illinois- I've actually been there! It's the size of my backyard! And I asked a little girl on her bike how many Ashley's lived in Ashley, IL and she said three! And she was one of them! Ha! Website here!
Ashley Township, Missouri- Website here!
That's enough for now. Do you notice, they're all Midwestern states. I feel like I need to be wearing a prairie skirt or something. It's such an old-fashioned name, but another interesting fact: Since 1980, over 801, 525 girls have been named Ashley! That's the population of San Francisco!
You should really Google your first name and see what towns have your same name!
Well, I've had enough excitement for one day and I'm so mentally tired I could cry. Oh, wait I already did! ;) Okay, goodnight!
Note to self: "Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts." -J. Wooden
This man knows his stuff! After today, I need to tell myself this every morning I wake up!