Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 245 - Day 246

May 5 - May 6, 2010

So, yesterday was Cinco de Mayo! You know what that means!!! Margaritas! Margaritas! Margaritas! Yes, I did have some! It was Wednesday, so we went to Table 42's Five Buck Burger Night. They have $5 burgers every Wednesday. I took mom and dad there when they came, and they were impressed! They're so good! I've already told you this! And I already told you about the restaurant, Chow, where ladies drink free every Wednesday and Friday. Again, Cinco de Mayo...it's a must.

Then off to Rocco's Tacos! The place is so awesome! It's an indoor/outdoor Mexican restaurant, with a great bar and space for nightlife! It was crazy! People were everywhere! And beautiful people, at that. I swear, every time I turn around, a gorgeous man is standing in front of me. It's like I re-enter heaven, whenever I turn around. Now, the gorgeous girls just need to go away! =)

Everyone thought I would fit in great in Boca. I must say, even though I'm not that much of a wild child, I have way too much energy for the people down here--at least the people I've seen, thus far. Even the young people! I'm shocked...really shocked! I don't know. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I thought going to the bars meant laughing, dancing, mingling, etc. I guess, I'm slightly wrong.

I was telling someone over the past weekend, I can't talk to people who are like brick walls. Because when I do speak with these people, the whole time, all I'm doing is making fun of them in my head; maybe poking fun at them out loud (which they never catch on to); or just stand there. It's so awkward when people stare. What do you do? Do you stare back? Then, where do you stare? What about body language? Do you plaster a permanent smile on your face? I don't know. Weirdos. All I want to say is, "What are you staring at? Do I have something on my face? Am I making a face that resembles a monkey? Please, tell me!" =)

My favorite part of Cinco de Mayo, you ask? The midget, wearing a sombrero and Mexican poncho, dancing on the bar. Now that's a party! Oh yea! He was takin' shots of Patron, hitting on women, and shakin' his little three foot booty all over that bar! It was great! I wanted to be his date, just to have someone to dance with! Or at least talk to! It's happened before. Me getting hit on by a little person. The same day I fell in the ocean on Spring Break? The same day I feel someone leaning on my shoulders--I turn around and find a little man, standing on a cooler, leaning on me, and then proceeding to hit on me. It's great! And something that would happen to me.

So, I get home and am talking to Maddie on the phone. As I'm walking to my apartment, I notice two middle-aged men wandering outside. I take note. I'm always, always, always aware of my surroundings. It's something I'm extremely good at. Both start to watch me. When this happens, I always stare them in the face. From what I've been told, "attackers" don't like it when a woman looks them in the face. So, that's what I do. I make sure they know, that I know, who they are. Like I would be able to do anything anyway, but you never know. I have some guns attached to these shoulders! ;)

Anyways...I just stop and stand there. I'm not walking to my apartment, are you kidding me?? Hell no! Maddie says, "Ashley, don't go into your apartment. You don't want them seeing where you live." True. They can't know. She says, "Get in your car and drive around the block." Great idea! So, I get in my car and leave. The one guy was getting his mail--he didn't really make me as uneasy as the guy just sitting in his car. Staring at me. Not even attempting to start his vehicle. I may be blonde, and be very underestimated by most people, but I am no idiot! Long story short, I park on the back side of my apartment and walk around!

Problem: I wake up this morning, forgetting that I parked there last night because I was a little too scared to focus last night. I got to the parking lot and just stand there staring. Where the hell is my car? How come I've been losing everything the last week or so? My bag, my mind, my suitcase, my car. Then, it dawns on me what I did. I'm tellin' ya' right now, I don't like the 9-5 work week. It sucks. The real world sucks. I want to go back to college! I miss my 10-4:30 days in NYC!

Today, my company does an event at a higher-end clothing store at Town Center mall. The clothes are amazing, but outrageously priced! I mean it's Valentino, Missoni, Fendi, etc. So, of course spending $675 for a pair of heels is normal to these people. I did get to meet the lead singer of Creed today! That was pretty cool! Him and his wife are beautiful and really nice! With all of these wealthy women, walking in and out, after spending hundreds and maybe even a few thousand dollars, I have never felt more poor in my life. Two items, equals my rent. Not okay. In all reality though, who spends $125 for a sweatshirt? Come on, now. I love clothes and expensive things, but I'm not even that superficial. Go to Target. Shoot, go to Goodwill. A sweatshirt is a sweatshirt. Now, a Harry Winston, is not just a Harry Winston. Yes, I will be the woman who wears Target clothes, clipping coupons, with a Harry Winston ring! =) I'm okay with that!

I think I'm going to have to break down and turn my air on. Ugh! I really do not want to do that. But I was curling my hair this morning, and I got a bit sweaty. I'm not complaining in the least bit, because I LOVE hot weather, but it's getting pretty hot and sticky here! Sounds sexy, huh? Hehe! Only if...someday... ;) No, but seriously, the humidity is going to kill me. I always get really bad headaches when it gets humid out, and I had the worst one today. I need to stalk up on Claritin.

Brett comes on Tuesday! Whew! Whew! I'm already planning everything! Surfing, baseball game, skimboarding, South Beach, and the list goes on! I can not wait!

Note to self: "Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

This is something I have come to learn quite well. It's great to be optimistic and want to see the good in everyone. But be careful. If you're not, you're the one who gets hurt. I don't look at this quote, talking strictly about love relationships. I think it goes along with friendship, business relationships, and love.

Essentially, people need to earn the privilege to be close to you. Not to sound arrogant, but it's true. And I'm not just talking about me in this note to self. I'm talking to all of you. Every person has great qualities. Sometimes, these people just don't let these qualities come through. Some people are rude, uncaring, and are users. These people are not worthy of your time and energy.

Don't get your hopes up on something when it's new. Save yourself the stress. Just stay true to who you are--continue to be optimistic and see the great in everyone. But just keep your guard up a little more. Once someone proves to you, they are genuine, then go for it. Until then, keep your best qualities to yourself, until you want them to see it!