Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 212 - Day 213

April 3 - April 4, 2010

This weekend was great! It was calm. It was relaxing. It was nice. Saturday, I moseyed around town and went furniture shopping. Okay. Furniture is expensive! Who wants to pay $2,000 for a couch?! Not me! Are you nuts?! I don't even want to pay $500 for a couch! Shoot. I'm going to find one for $300 if it kills me!

Then, I went to Lel Bayou Cuban Cafe, a cuban restaurant for lunch and sat outside at the bar. It was so beautiful out and I wanted to take it all in. In the shade of course, because my skin burned so bad when it touched sunlight. Yes, I still look like a lobster! I did come up with a phenomenal idea, regarding t-shirts to sell at the beach. I'm not going to tell you on here because I don't want anyone to steal the idea! I talked it over with a few people and it's awesome!

So, anyways. The cuban restaurant. They talked me into a real, Cuban sandwich. For those of you who don't know what a cuban sandwich is...it's beef, ham, mustard, pickles, and cheese. Now, usually, I'm not a ham and beef combo kinda girl. But let me tell you something. It was heaven in between two slices of bread! The service was fantastic! The food was delicious! And the atmosphere was fun and hip!

Saturday night, we went to a friend's house for movie night. We ordered pizza and watched "Old Dogs." It's with John Travolta, Robin Williams, Seth Green, Kelly Preston, Rita Wilson, Matt Dillon...the list goes on! It's a Disney movie, but it is absolutely hysterical! I loved it! I laughed through the whole thing. It's more of a movie geared towards adults, but definitely worth Netflix-ing!

Happy Easter Sunday! Yay! I love holidays! And I was fortunate enough to not have to spend it alone! I did go to church by myself, because I'm the only Catholic in the group of people I know. It's a great place and I will definitely go back! Not only was the priest fun and energetic, but the men that attend are really attractive! You know what they say...you can always find a quality man at church! Well, you can bet your booty I will be sitting my butt down in the same pew every Sunday! ;)

Then, I came back for a brunch, which was great. We had great conversation and great food! Then, I fell asleep. I was tired. Being sunburnt means that every time you move while sleeping, you wake up because it hurts so bad. Oh well!

Sunday night, we were invited over to a friend's for dinner. We had lamb, couscous, and corn! If you've never had lamb, try it! It's really good! It's tender, it's juicy, and it has a bit of a sweet taste to it! I know what you're thinking. My mom thought the same thing. I can't eat Mary Had a Little Lamb. Like the lady told us tonight...it was an ugly lamb. Ha! Just tell yourself that! ;)

I have to go to bed now because I start my new job tomorrow! Wish me luck! Goodnight!

Note to self: When you hear about the horrendous bug problem, the shark situations, and rodent run-arounds, be prepared. Even though you HATE killing bugs because of the obnoxious and gross "crunch" sound it makes, you may have to learn to deal with it. As for sharks. You don't know how to swim anyways, so staying away from the deep end of the ocean is probably a good idea! You do not want to be Jaws' mid-afternoon snack! As for rodents, you're used to raccoons and possums. But apparently, the ones down here don't run away from you. They want to be your friend. So, make sure you have your mase. You may need to use it on bugs, rodents, and sea life, more so than on humans!