Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 196

March 18, 2010

Today was gorgeous outside! The weather is getting so beautiful! I love it! I had to be to work at 9 a.m. this morning, so I was a little tired. Work was good! We were really busy, which I always love!

So, lately, I've been getting really sad to leave. I know I've told you this, but I find myself getting teary-eyed thinking about it. Everyone keeps saying to me, "When do you leave?," "When is the last day I'm going to get to see you?," "We're going to really miss you," "Me and (so-and-so) were talking, and we're really going to be sad when you're gone." Ugh! I love it, because everyone I've met here have been so wonderful and have all taught me something unique and different. Things that I will take with me the rest of my life. But it's also really sad because I know I'll never see most of these people ever again.

I don't care what anyone says about New Yorkers. Yes, they are selfish and self-indulgent. But the New Yorkers I've met and grown to love, have been nothing but supportive, caring, and generous. I have made friends that I will have forever and we have created memories that I will never forget!

I'm terrible with good-byes, which again, I have told you this. I'm going to try my hardest to try not and cry, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to matter. It's going to happen. I think a lot of it too, has to do with the fact that I'm really nervous about going to Florida. Why you ask? I've always wanted to live in Florida! I've always wanted to end up there with my career, a family, my family, etc. I also really wanted to live in New York for a while. I didn't love New York like I thought I would. And like I hoped I would. I just don't want the same thing to happen to me in Florida.

The opportunity I took is amazing and I know I'm going to meet amazing people and have endless opportunities! I already have met some great people when I went to their event. So, I know it's a great move. But I really, just really want to fall in love with it! Just like every time I visit. I've never had such a good feeling about anything in my life, so I'm positive my love for the sunshine state is only going to get stronger! It's funny because whenever I tell a new person I'm moving, this is the response I get, "I can totally see you living in Florida!" Totally right!

I took it easy tonight. My weekend is jam-packed with things going on! I've been seeing on Facebook, people talking about March Madness. Hmm...not really my thing. I love going to basketball games in person, but to watch it on tv, no. I find it extremely boring! Even though I used to be a basketball star in middle school, I never grew up around people who liked watching it. I'm more of an "in your face" kind of sports girl! Put me in the action and I'm all about it!

I'm seriously thinking about trying out for the Miami Dolphins Cheerleading Squad! What do you think?! Way fun, huh?! I don't know when tryouts are and I'm trying to find out, but how much fun would that be?!?! I'm still debating! I probably will, if they haven't held tryouts already. I have lots of guts when it comes to things like this. So, they say no? Okay. You know how many times I've heard no in the last six months? Too many to count! It's like second nature to me now! ;) "No" is in the top five words of my vocabulary.

I was talking to my mom today and she was telling about the next "Apprentice" season. It's about college kids who can't find jobs! My mom thinks I should try out for it! Hahahaha! That would be awesome! I'm pretty sure I could bring some spice to the show! You know what I told her? I don't have the cut throat, don't-give-a-shit-about-anybody attitude to make it.

I've been around and seen people like this and it's not for me. Yeah, these people will make more money than me, but I'm going to be the happier one! And that's all that matters to me! I can't be ruthless to the point where I stab someone else in the back. To me, if you have to do that, then you're not qualified enough anyway. It's just an insecurity. I've always gotten things in life by just being me. That's the best anyone can ask for. If they don't like me, okay. See ya' later! Maybe it's the wrong attitude to have, but thus far in my life, it's worked out pretty damn well!

I hope you enjoyed my St. Patty's Day pictures and blog!

Note to self: No matter how many times you fail in your life, just remember, there are people out there failing a lot harder than you are! Enjoy the pictures below of those who have failed! ;)