Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 158

February 8, 2010

I want to put my condolences out to our family friend, Paul, back home. His mom passed away, so please keep him and his family in your prayers. Paul, although I never met your mom, I guarantee she was a great woman! She raised a wonderful son, who has a great family! I hope Hamilton's took good care of you! If not, you let me know and I'll take care of it! ;) I used to work there! (For those who didn't know)

So, it's Monday. Everyone seems kind of slow going today. Maybe it's from all of the Super Bowl mayhem! I feel like the city is kind of quiet today. It could be, or it could be that the wind is blowing so hard and there are so many sirens going off, you can't really hear anything else! ;) Speaking of weather...what's up with this storm I've been hearing about? We were suppose to get snow last week. Didn't happen. Now, they're saying we're suppose to get a huge storm mid-week. I'll believe it when I see it. When I do, I'll gladly admit I'm wrong. But we'll see. I don't want snow! I hate snow! I've seen enough this year! It's not as much as Iowa has seen, but enough for me!

At work tonight, a lady comes up to me and says, "Has anyone ever told you, you look like the actress from The Big Bang Theory?" I have never heard that before. What do you think? The actress is Kaley Cuoco. I don't see it. What's so funny, is her personality on the show, is somewhat similar to mine! Hehe!

I got an e-mail today from Daily Candy. It's a great website! They tell me about this new restaurant in town. It's all about meatball sandwiches! Oh my goodness! Those are my favorite kind of sandwiches--besides Jason's Deli chicken salad! I'm so excited to try this place! Check out their website! It's called, The Meatball Shop. Easy enough. ;) Yum!!!!

So, the movie "Valentine's Day" comes out this week! I cannot wait to see it! The cast is huge and it looks so cute! It's expensive to go to the movies here! So, I have to be choosy on what I pay to see. I'm not a big movie-goer as it is, so for me to spend twelve bucks on a movie, is a big deal. But if I sign up to be a member at the movie theatre, I get $1 candy on Monday and $1 popcorn on Tuesdays! That's exciting! Nothing beats movie theatre popcorn with extra butter! I know it sounds weird, but Sour Patch Kids are the best candy to pair with popcorn! Trust me! I've had people try it, and they love it! Second best is peanut M&Ms! But I recommend Sour Patch Kids. You get the sweet, sour, and salty mix! Fantastic!

Well, I have a big day tomorrow, so I'm going to go to bed! Goodnight! ;)

Note to self: Sometimes you have to have a "whatever" attitude. If you just shrug your shoulders and think to yourself, if it happens. It happens. If it doesn't. Well, then. Whatever. For some reason, this is when life always works out for you. Is it because you're more relaxed; therefore, you're acting more like yourself? I don't know. I got some good advice from my dad tonight. He tells me to just look at a situation like it's not the end of the world, so whatever happens, happens. He says, "Stop trying to control things you can't control." Very true. There's only so much you can do--if it's your best and you believe it is, then that's it. Believe in yourself, have confidence in yourself, and just go for it! What do you have to lose? Nothing. So, why not? Dad's are so smart! ;)