Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 151

February 1, 2010

Whew! 150 days! Some days it feels like 150 days, some days it feels like a week. Regardless, the good, the great, the bad, and the ugly have all been a fantastic whirlwind! So, you know the movie, Elf. If you don't, then stop reading this right now. I think the movie is hilarious! I was walking through the intersection today and wanted to hop scotch my way across like he does in the movie. You know, when he almost gets hit by a car! Too funny! I'm going to do it someday. Someday, when I'm not by myself and pictures can be taken! ;)

Then, I get to thinking. You know how in the movie, he walks into this rinky-dink coffee shop and says, "You did it! Congratulations!" on the world's best cup of coffee. How often do you think tourists come into this city, stop by one of a million pizza places that dubs themselves, "Best Pizza in New York," and actually believe it's the best thing they've ever tasted? Or the "Best Cheesecake" in Times Square. Nope. The best cheesecake is Eileen's in SoHo! ;)

Today would have been my little dog's birthday! Sassafrass would have turned 18 today! Happy Birthday baby girl! An adult! Sadly, we had to put her down in May. One of the worst days of my life. If you've ever had to put a dog to sleep, you understand! It's terrible! It's like losing a sibling or child! She was a little maltese! I want another one! Check it out! It's a maltipoo! When I see them romping around the city, like they're the divas of the city, it makes me miss her so bad! And they wear little outfits like Sassy did! I love it! ;) We had her cremated and she is sitting on our mantle at our house. My dad basically made a shrine in her honor! It's pretty funny! My dad may or may not have loved the dog more than my brother, my mom, and myself! ;) I'm just kidding.

 

So, I decided to Google my family's names today. I know, it sounds weird, but I was curious as to what I would find. 

Brett's name: Of course everything baseball! But I did find this one thing! It's on Rock in Prevention. Read it! It says, and I quote, "Sophomore Brett Toncar remembers Rock in Prevention from his elementary days, and says he now enjoys being a role model." Hahahahaha! Brett would say that. 

Mom, dad, and Tammy's name: Nothing much. Sorry, guys. All I could find was your registration for Race for the Cure back in 2005. ;) Dad's name popped up for FedEx, but says he lives in Memphis, TN. Unless there's two of you, dad, where do you really go to work during the day?! ;) Just kidding! 

Roxana Augustine is apparently some uber-popular German name or something, I don't know about. And my cousin Tyler is not only a pretty kick ass basketball player in New Mexico, but an adult movie star as well! Haha! Not really, but I think it's funny how the two most random occupations have people with the same name.

My name: Well, stuff pops up about my blog, my Google profile, blah, blah, blah. And apparently, my Pandora radio stations are public for all to see. Problem is...some of the radio stations, I don't even know what they are. I have the country stations, but all of the other lovey, dovey song stations? Nope. They left out the best ones! My hip hop stations, the dance music stations! I did come across something really funny from high school. I always tell people, I was never that ditzy high school girl. Well...click on this story and go to page six. It's the story titled, "Tanners Ignore Risks." The minute I see this title, I know this is the quote Google search is looking for. They asked me why I tanned and I reply with, "I tanned because of Winter Formal and I didn't want to look albino." Really, Ashley? Albino? Come on, now. 

I was also looking online at Burberry. Oh, how I love their stuff! Guys...take note! They have their Burberry Heart Collection, just in time for Valentine's Day! Your woman would most definitely LOVE something from here! I would take anything on the list, except the Sling Bag or Nova Heart Purse. Too chotchy for my liking, but whatever. I like how I'm giving men advice on what to buy their loved one on Valentine's Day. Because I'm pretty sure, I will not be getting anything like this on February 14th. Hell, I'm not picky. I'd love a homemade card cut from construction paper! Oh well. There's always next year. ;) 

The restaurant is good tonight! Pretty busy, which is great! Makes the time go by faster! We have the crazy guy, who yells, and points, and is obnoxious about finances in our restaurant. I can't think of his name, nor can I really disclose it, but I can tell you it rhymes with "Bad Honey." ;) He's actually pretty nice, but is so intense about life! It's crazy, but quite amusing! 

So, I have to tell you this really funny story. Maybe it's only funny to me, but whatever. I met this guy and he says to me, "I usually stay away from girls from the Midwest, but you seem alright." Just alright? And I'm suppose to be flattered by this? Oh please, sir, take me out! My response is this: "Oh yeah? Why's that? Do you think we're boring? Well, I usually don't the arrogant, ignorant type, but I guess you seem "alright" as well." Jacko!  Any takers on how long this will last? ;) 

Note to self: When you get an e-mail, telling you about free coffee for the month of February, mark your calendar! Free coffee! What a great day/month in paradise! Check out the site! Different areas of town have their own specific week. My week is February 8th through the 12th! Whew hew! Take advantage of anything free! Especially when there are no catches! However, where I work my internship, the free coffee is going on this week! I'm going to start tomorrow! 41 Bistro Marketplace...here I come! ;)