Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 144

January 25, 2010


I wake up to an ungodly amount of rain! It reminds of the Forrest Gump quote, "One day it started raining, and it didn't quit...We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin' rain...and big 'ol fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath." Today was terrible! Not looking forward to trenching through it to walk 30 minutes to work! Guess what? I didn't have to! My apartment offers a free shuttle! Whew hew! No battle of the umbrella for me today! It drops me off a block and a half from work! Wonderful! Made my morning! 


Also! No coffee for me today! No caffeine until I get to work at the restaurant! Then, I find out we have carbonated fruit punch and it makes my day even more! It's disgusting how much I love sugar, and how much sugar I actually consume. So unhealthy! 


I have the whole school teacher look going for me today. Hair up, glasses, skirt, ruffled blouse. It's kind of fun! Everyone at the restaurant liked it! I've been thinking lately...my favorite comment from someone is when someone tells me my hair looks pretty. I know it sounds stupid, but I love it. Sometimes I spend some time on it, so it's nice when people tell me it looks pretty! Anyways, moving on from corniness! 


So, tonight at work was fun! I made some extra money, which is fantastic! PLUS! I get to see two new NFL players! One I've already met when my brother was in town, and we went to the broadcast of Sports New York. I told him to come, and he did! Whew hew! Nothing like two months late, but he has been busy playing for a chance to go to the Super Bowl. He has to be so sad! Only one game away! Dang. 


A family of eight come in tonight. Come to find out, one of the guys is a professional football player, Heisman Trophy winner and probably getting into the Hall of Fame! He used to play for the Titans! 


It's a good night! On the walk home, I'm talking to my mom, I look over, and this old man trips and falls off of the curb. I'm thinking he just fell, but then he falls onto his back. Oh my God! He's having a heart attack! is what I'm thinking. I quickly hang up and go over to help him. His family just stands there, while me and another man help him up and get him back to his feet. It's my Good Samaritan move for the day! I love helping people! 


My friend from back home knows I want a pet. I'm too busy for a dog, but don't like full-size cats. Kittens, yes. Cats, heck no! So, she tells me about this cat she saw on some tv show. They don't get to be very big--stay like kittens is how she put it to me. Cool! I'll check it out! I don't really want to be the crazy, cat lady, but whatever. It's a Singapura cat. It looks like a pocket-size mountain lion! I don't think so. Sorry Kristi! Thanks for the suggestion, but just can't do it! ;) 


Note to self: A little email I received once about Natural Highs! What are your natural highs?? Hope this makes your day a little better and makes you smile! It does for me!


1. Falling in love
2. Laughing so hard, your face hurts
3. A hot shower
4. No lines at the supermarket
5. A special glance
6. Getting mail (I love getting mail!) 
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road
8. Lying in bed, listening to the rain
9. Hot towels, fresh out of the shower
10. Giggling (It makes you feel so good!)
11. The beach (Absolutely!)
12. Finding a $20 bill in your coat from last winter
13. Laughing at yourself (So important to be able to do this!)
14. Looking into their eyes and knowing they love you
15. Midnight phone calls that last for hours
16. Running through sprinklers
17. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful
18. Laughing at an inside joke with friends
19. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you
20. Waking up, realizing you still have a few hours to sleep
21. Your first kiss (either the very first, or with a new partner)
22. Making new friends, or spending time with old ones
23. Having someone play with your hair
24. Sweet dreams
25. Hot chocolate
26. Road trips
27. Swinging on swings (My favorite past-time)
28. Making eye contact with a cute stranger
29. Making chocolate chip cookies
30. Holding hands with someone you care about
31. Watching the expression on someone's face when they open a present from you
32. Watching the sunrise 
33. Getting out of bed every morning, thankful for another beautiful day
34. Getting a hug from someone you deeply care about
35. Knowing that somebody misses you
36. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think


Think about them. They're all true, aren't they? Goodnight everyone! ;)