Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 138

January 19, 2010

Well...my phone is broke! Crap. I have one of those touch screen phones. I'm not big into the latest cell phones, but it looks cool, so I got it. Too bad the "touch" part of the whole idea isn't working. It won't let me touch the buttons to get into text messages, missed calls, nothing. So, I get the pleasure of going to AT&T tomorrow to get a new phone. Wish me luck. I hate that place!

So, the last few days, I haven't been sleeping at all! I am exhausted! I don't know what's wrong, but I hurt so bad from my hips to me knees, that it's painful to stand, sit, sleep, etc. I need to go to the doctor. I've never had this happen before, so I'm a little nervous as to what's going on. I've tried taking Advil and other medicines, but they don't work. I haven't been doing anything out of the ordinary either, so who knows! I also woke up this morning, ate some toast, then randomly got sick. It's weird. I never throw up. I think the last time I may have thrown up, (not due to self consumption of certain liquids) was in elementary school.

As most of you know, at the restaurant, they serve us a free meal everyday. I leave my internship early everyday to enjoy the yummy food the chefs prepare for us. All I have to eat today is a yogurt. I typically save up my appetite for dinner! I get there and guess what? NO food! And they had mashed potatoes, turkey, honey glazed ham, and salad! So delicious! I go up to the chef, later in the night, and say, "Chef Greg, I'm so bummed I missed family meal! I heard it was amazing!" He just chuckles at me.

Sundays is typically the best day for family meals. So, it's great that the chef and I work together, along with Kara! It's a great day in paradise! So, I ask him tonight if he can make chicken pot pie on Sunday for family meal. I have this wild craving for it! He says, "I'll see what I can do," in the typical macho voice and attitude men have when they say that. Ha!

The night goes on, then all of a sudden I hear, "Psst. Ashley." I turn around and Chef Greg is holding this fantastic looking bowl, heaping with flaky crust. "What is this?!" I ask him all excited. He says, "Well, you said you haven't eaten today, and chicken pot pie sounded good, so I made some for you." Oh my goodness! He's so sweet! He made it from scratch! He's never made it before, so he just threw stuff together! It was the best thrown together meal I've ever tasted! It's a pretty amazing pot pie! Like I told my friend, the fact that he thought about making it for me, then surprised me with it, made it that much more delicious! No man has ever done that for me! It's so nice!

At work tonight, a gentlemen, who I've seen before, walks up the host stand. I swear to God it's Morgan Freeman! I get so nervous because he starts talking and joking with me! As he goes to get his coat from coat check, I go up to Gabe, our bartender and ask him, "Hey, is that Morgan Freeman?" Now, the bar is somewhat full of people. Gabe yells, "Hey Ruben! Ashley wants to know if you're Morgan Freeman! Hahaha!" Everyone starts staring. Thanks Gabe. Ruben responds, "You should have told her yes and that I'm single!" I cannot tell you how much he looks like Morgan Freeman. Honest to God, it's his long lost twin! It's crazy!

Since I'm falling asleep at my computer, I think it's time to go to bed. Running on four hours of sleep a night is not good for my body! I require at least seven hours of sleep. And I don't know what I'm going to do for an alarm! I rely on phone's alarm to wake me up in the morning! Oh no! This is awful! So, I'm pretty sure I won't get much sleep because I'll be constantly waking up to be sure I don't oversleep. Dang AT&T!

Note to self: "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are." -Kurt Cobain
It's the quote of the day that runs on a ticker in my email! It's so great! Why would you want to be someone else? Just because their life seems so perfect? You don't know what happens when they go home at night, or once the front door closes. That persons life could be a living hell--they just do a good job of hiding it. Love who you are! You are here for a reason and a purpose. Embrace what you have, who you are, and what you're about. That's why people love you! Don't change who you are for a certain situation or person. It's YOU people want to be around. Not the fake person you pretend to be. People see right through phoniness, so there's no point in pretending. Stay true to yourself, for that is one of the best qualities anyone can have.