December 8, 2009
The thing I keep thinking about today...the Iowa blizzard. I can't believe you guys are getting 14 inches of snow! That's not normal! My mom says her boss may not have them come into the office tomorrow. It's an adult's snow day! I want one! I want a day off to make snowmen, drink hot chocolate, and sleep! How amazing does this sound? However, as much as it sounds nice, I don't want any snow. I have to walk in the stuff! No thanks!
Speaking of walking. I'm walking to work and all I can think about is how I want the bagel from that guys sack and how I want to buy those M&Ms at the newsstand. Damn, diets suck! I didn't buy them! And I did good today! Minus the cookies from Meredith Corp. They were pretty tasty! Better Homes & Garden was great, as usual! I'm looking forward to tomorrow because I get to spend a large part of my day in the clothes closet, organizing the Spring 2010 looks for upcoming issues! Totally my element! I can't wait!
The Capital Grille is also great as usual! Due to the holiday season, and the fact that people are actually realizing our restaurant is at this location (TCG has only been open at this location since May), we have been extremely busy! It's so great! I love being busy!
Note to self: Read Brett's blogs! He is more comical than I am. You will enjoy his take on the adventures of his New York trip out here! I've posted the first four, and will post the rest tomorrow. It's interesting reading about other people's thoughts and experiences. You always figure they're thinking this way, or that way. Then you realize, what you thought they were thinking...they weren't thinking that way at all. So far, a couple of things have thrown me off--Brett just didn't want to hurt my feelings. That's sweet of him! What a great kid! The most intuitive and intelligent person I've ever met.
When he tells you, "Ashley, you weren't happy. I could tell. I watched you when no one else was looking. You didn't have the spark in your eyes." Wow! Who would have thought my brother, or a guy for that matter, would pay attention and notice that stuff?! When he tells you his opinion on what he thinks will happen...more than likely, he's right. More people need to be like him. Sit back, relax, and just take everything in. You learn so much that way. Really pay attention to people. Look at their smile--is it real or is it plastered on their face for show? Watch their body language--is someone forcing an action to make the situation seem better than it really is? Listen to them talk--does someone sound too nervous to talk to the opposite sex, or do they sound completely confident? Just a thought. Maybe if more people took the time to be intuitive, more things could be figured out!
READ THE NEXT FOUR BLOGS! THEY'RE THE BEGINNING OF BRETT'S!