Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 75

November 20, 2009

All day I am so bummed I’m at work, while Brett just arrives in the city. I can’t wait to see him and eight o’clock never took so long to get to. When he shows up at my work, I get so excited! I give him a huge hug and we bail out of there! We exchange the small talk info, then dive right into our plans for the evening! First stop—the subway, which was unfortunately uneventful.

Dinner, then McSorely’s is on the plan. I’m starving, Brett’s starving. It’s time to eat. We head to the East Village and land on the restaurant, Dallas BBQ. As we wait, I laugh as Brett people watches outside. He doesn’t really expect the area to be somewhat heavily gay populated. You should have seen his face when he saw his first man, wearing a pair of heels. Classic!

We sit down and scarf our plates like it’s our job! They have some pretty fantastic barbeque! After dinner, it’s time to get to business. The oldest ale house in New York City, McSorely’s. Let me tell you, this place is awesome! We have to wait outside for a bit, but once you step inside, it’s like your time-warped into 1800s Ireland. And I’m pretty sure the dust is from 1833 as well. It’s become part of the decorative ambience.

 


You have two choices at the bar. Light or dark beer. That’s it. No liquor, no Budweiser, nothing. When you order one drink, you get two mugs of beer. Then, its tradition to cheers your glasses like Irish men. The bartenders are straight off the Irish boat. They have the accent, the look, and the attitude! It’s all Irish and all kinds of fabulous!

We then go to a bar, “Nightengales.” We were highly out of place. Let’s just say us girls didn’t have the right curves, and the guys were of the wrong color. What was great was the free entertainment. Our table neighbors were annihilated and thought they were all kinds of fabulous. The gay man…he was wildly twirling his arms in circles, in the air—too bad he left his glow sticks at home. He just looked like he was having a spaz attack.  The girls he was with. They were wearing dresses that showed off their thongs. Not attractive. Especially when the one in the black dress likes to constantly fall on her ass, legs in the air. I’m vomiting in my mouth right now too. Just imagine being there.

 


This night is short, considering we got a late start. Well, short for me. It’s really like 2 a.m., but for NYC, the night is still young. But we go home and get rest for a busy Saturday.

Note to self: Be creative when picking out gifts for your friends. When you leave a bar and see a massive bin full of free condoms, take some! NYC Condoms, "Get Some!" Check out the website! You have to! You can’t pass something like this up! It’s hilarious! Kudos to the bartender for keeping his fellow New Yorkers save and conscious! So, they make great gifts because they have the letters, NYC, plastered all over it. So, technically, you can consider it a souvenir. Merry Christmas, friend! I got you a great NYC souvenir! Use it wisely! ;)


CHECK OUT BLOG "DAY 84" AND "DAY 85." THEN YOU WILL BE CAUGHT UP TO DATE, THUS FAR! THANKS FOR BEING PATIENT AND SEARCHFUL! =)