Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 74

November 19, 2009

So...today. Oh boy, today. Started out good. Better Homes & Garden is great, of course! My boss is amazing! I'm really enjoying myself there! Then...I go to the restaurant.

Now...don't get me wrong! I love working there and the staff is great! Everyone (except two people) are so friendly and fun! The other two...blah! They're the types who are nice when they want to be. If you know me, you know I don't deal well with people like that. You either like me, or you don't. So...since you're not nice the majority of the time, let's just not be friends, okay pumpkin?! Great! Now that we have that established...the guests.

Let me tell ya'! Wealthy people just suck. They have no personality and absolutely no sense of humor. And with all of the money they have, one would think they could afford to purchase a little common sense. When we ask you if a booth is okay and then you get irritated when I take you to a booth, then demand you want a table? Sir! You just told the other hostess you wanted a booth. So...we give him the booth, not the table! Ha! Look where stupidity gets you with me. Nowhere!

Then! When I try and joke with you, please don't look at me like I'm an idiot. You're the one with the dumb ass look on your face--you know the look--lip is pouting out, with the mouth slightly hung open with the droopy eyes? Yeah, that look. And you're looking at me like I'm weird? Hmm...that's all I have to say about that.

Then! We exchange out black napkins for the white ones if guests are wearing dark colored slacks (yes, I just used the word slacks). When you see me changing out the black for the white, please don't take your white napkin, put it in your lap, then act all surprised when I offer to take it away from you. I think you may have missed the part when I said, Excuse me sir, pardon my reach, as I literally reach over you and place a new napkin in front of your wife. Like I said, please buy yourself some common sense and courtesy.

Now, not all wealthy people are snobby and just plain retarded. Most are quite friendly! The ones that tend to be the most dressed up, are the ones that are the friendliest. I talk to my mom (or should I say vent) about this situation. We came to the answer that those who act snobby and rude, are probably the ones with the least amount of money. Maybe like the gentlemen who came in wearing white washed jeans, with a sweatshirt and tennis shoes. His dinner guest was in a suit and actually knew how to use the words, "please" and "thank you." Mr. Time-warp-me-back-to-the-80s apparently missed out on his etiquette classes from the parentals. Don't be rude to me sir. If it wasn't for your sugar daddy, you probably would have never stepped foot in this joint! Keep it real, my friend.

Brett comes tomorrow! Yay! I'm so excited! We have so much planned, it's going to be insane! I can't wait! I need to get some sleep because the next few days are going to non-stop! Good night!

Note to self: Always, always, always carry an umbrella with you in New York City. No matter if the sun is beating down on you, or if it's a simple overcast. For some reason, the clouds like to open up at random moments of the day to shed a few glistening teardrops on this fantastic city. Don't make it to where you have to walk home, in the rain, no umbrella, and are getting soaking wet. I know what you're thinking...take a cab. Are you nuts?! I don't have two dollars to spend on a piece of fruit, let alone ten dollars to get me home. I will walk before that happens. Also, don't walk close to the street. Those cabs will splash you with water. Now, you're just left with wet pants, a wet coat, some wet hair, and smelling like a wet dog. Oohh...any takers on this hot babe I just described? =)